• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Hurricane Sandy OBS (Part ii)

Alpha5

Watch the food at restaurants guys...friend of my dad's had to close down his restaurant again today because he got several complaints last night from customers about various items not tasting or smelling right, all of them having been just delivered early yesterday after he threw out everything. His supplier is in NJ and may have been trying to pass off items that were spoiled. Its bad enough you have to worry about some places not throwing their stuff out, even worse when the suppliers may be shipping bad stuff to restaurants that they think is good.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch the food at restaurants guys...friend of my dad's had to close down his restaurant again today because he got several complaints last night from customers about various items not tasting or smelling right, all of them having been just delivered early yesterday after he threw out everything. His supplier is in NJ and may have been trying to pass off items that were spoiled. Its bad enough you have to worry about some places not throwing their stuff out, even worse when the suppliers may be shipping bad stuff to restaurants that they think is good.

Thanks I will keep that a note...

That man needs to be scrutinized to no end.

The guy looks like a douchebag. He lives in a very large home and it was obvious he was lying to the reporter.

I hope the rest of his life is misery and I hope he is exposed more nationally and non-stop.

How the **** do you know if he was lying? Good lord, you seem to always find ways to make absolutely ridiculous posts.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/when_are_we_gonna_get_some_ing_help_T35TrXo1FCdu7YRBmQkQ8L

Devastated Rockaways residents lash out at Bloomberg during unannounced visit

Storm-ravaged and weary Rockaways residents cornered Mayor Bloomberg yesterday to angrily demand more aid for their devastated neighborhood.

“When are we gonna get some help?” blasted one desperate woman, who had to be held back by the mayor’s security detail as Bloomberg stood by with a deer-in-the-headlights look.

“When are we gonna get some f--king help?” she demanded.

So, I hate to bring politics in here, but....

http://tv.msnbc.com/...-football-game/

I hate Obama. I hate Romney. There is absolutely zero bias in this response. That said, Romney was merely making an analogy, albeit a very poor one. But I really don't find anything that he said to be indicative of whether or not he would be a good or bad president. He will be just as bad as Obama, who has also made some missteps in the relief effort so far. Let's not forget, Romney is not in office...he literally has zero power to help affected areas. Obama is our commander in chief right now. This is his issue, not Mitt's.

There, you brought politics into the thread and forced someone who hates mitt romney to come in an defend him. because we are all just looking for someone to lash out at. Well, if you want to do that, his name is michael bloomberg.

I hate Obama. I hate Romney. There is absolutely zero bias in this response. That said, Romney was merely making an analogy, albeit a very poor one. But I really don't find anything that he said to be indicative of whether or not he would be a good or bad president. He will be just as bad as Obama, who has also made some missteps in the relief effort so far. Let's not forget, Romney is not in office...he literally has zero power to help affected areas. Obama is our commander in chief right now. This is his issue, not Mitt's.

There, you brought politics into the thread and forced someone who hates mitt romney to come in an defend him. because we are all just looking for someone to lash out at. Well, if you want to do that, his name is michael bloomberg.

I couldn't agree with you more on lashing out on Bloomberg. A friend of mine made a 13 second video yesterday recording how people in the Rockaways are living without gas or electricity. I swear I was watching what life was like for humans hundreds of years ago or what life is like in a small Eastern European country. To think that this is how people in New York City live....

Still no power for north central nassau county...i am staying in cederhurst until i get power back and the entire south shore area is filled with utility trucks, i havent seen one further north, bizarre. Was 47 in my apt when i came home to grab some stuff.

6 days without power is starting to get to me, cant imagine how people are sticking it out in this cold. Some people will get hypothermia

LIPA Statement:

LIPA is on track to have 90% of all customers back online by Wednesday, November 7th with tens of thousands of customers being restored daily. While we continue to restore power to customers in the most severely damaged areas in and around Brookville, St. James, and Port Jefferson, we are advising customers that they should plan for the potential that power restoration could extend beyond next week. LIPA also currently estimates that there are up to 100,000 customers from the most severely flooded areas on Long Island whose homes and businesses currently may be unable to receive power. LIPA is working with local authorities in those communities to determine whether and when homes and businesses will be fit to safely receive electric service.

I couldn't agree with you more on lashing out on Bloomberg. A friend of mine made a 13 second video yesterday recording how people in the Rockaways are living without gas or electricity. I swear I was watching what life was like for humans hundreds of years ago or what life is like in a small Eastern European country. To think that this is how people in New York City live....

Who the hell lives like how the Rockaways are right now in Eastern Europe? From all the third world sh-tholes you could've picked for comparison...

I have been talking to my neighbors back in Long Beach and Island Park and many of them have lost

just about everything except the clothes that they were wearing when the hurricane hit. Heartbreaking

photos like the one below are common throughout the hardest hit coastal zones along the South Shore.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2012/11/hurricane_sandy_recovery.html#photo37

Just came back from walking down Sheepshead Bay. This area is still a disaster. People are still cleaning out their houses and business. It is really sad because it was once a nice area. I went to my job and it's in bad shape. No power and the store smells. The backroom and the basement is destroyed.

Anybody have any news on the gas situation? Hate to ask that here, but the way I see it, It was a direct result of sandy. No gas anywhere, and when there is the line is 1 maybe 2 miles long.

FWIW, here's information concerning Hess stations.

http://hessexpress.com/FuelInformation

Unfortunately, the others haven't provided similar information.

Just came back from walking down Sheepshead Bay. This area is still a disaster. People are still cleaning out their houses and business. It is really sad because it was once a nice area. I went to my job and it's in bad shape. No power and the store smells. The backroom and the basement is destroyed.

I lived in Brooklyn for 47 years up to November 1996...I heard stories about the flooding from the 1944 storm...This storm's storm surge in Brooklyn is mind boggling...The last time this happened no one except the Indians lived there...South Beach and Midland beach were known for flooding...Ave Y wasn't...

Archived