joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Earthquake

wxeyeNH

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard a low rumble, then audible and palpable shaking of floor, walls and shelves, total of 5 secs.

Needless to say, pretty rare in the Boston area / New England.

Not sure if it's the depth or proximity to the epicenter, but this seemed more robust than last year's. My 2nd ever!

I felt it here. I just got on the board to see if anyone else did. I didn't so much feel it, but my shower door was ratling noisily for no apparent reason.

My wife and I didn't feel it in southern Westchester County, but our infant may have. He stopped playing for around 30 seconds in his crib and was very still for that time.

Just before the main event I felt a strange vibration. Lasted about 10 seconds. I said to my partner, what was that? Then within anothe 10 seconds a more violent shaking. I immediately turned off the TV and opened the sliders to see if I could hear a rumbling or echoing in the hills as it ended but things were silent. Looks like center was about 45 miles east of me.

Anyone know how long it shook? Curious because I sense my perception was probably way off but it really did feel longer. Like I said here it was a lower rumble/shake which caught my attention...felt like it eased for an instant and then got much more noticeable for what I'd think is 3 or 5 second and then done. Best part of it was every bug, dog, cricket went quiet during part 1, then all the dogs barked.

I did not feel anything here. I never seem to luck out with earthquakes or thundersnow. I have never witnessed either. :(

Were you there for the April '02 earthquake in upstate NY? In Amherst woke me up out of a sound sleep at like 6AM. Thought I was tremendously hungover, but was relieved to hear the windows start rattling and thought "good it's just an earthquake". The only one I've ever felt here though.

Archived