joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 19th 2012 Winter Storm Obs./Disc.

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Bro, glad you getting in on the action! I would say i'm close to having 2 inches on the ground now, still snowing lightly...

Thanks: We just came inside(had to check on my Devils). Still snowing, but they are small flakes. measured a hair under 2 inches. This all happened in a 2 hour window. The heavy 15 minute sleet episode slushed up everything and those huge flakes piled up fast. The roads are solidly covered and have been from the get go. I think weatherNC posted a model forecast on one of the short range models earlier today showing this and I'm shocked how well it verified. This totaly exceeded my expectations. Knew I'd see some frozen precip, but never imagined the roads would get covered. The 1-3 inch forecast has verified IMBY, 12 or so miles west of Asheboro.

Light snow is falling in Kingsport, TN. Just a dusting, but it is nice to see after this winter!

Yeah this has been a disappointing winter for sure. Looks like the second shortwave is moving in now and that looks to be helping some snow back build over Kentucky. So maybe we can at least be in light snow for a few more hours.

Archived