• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 19th 2012 Winter Storm Obs./Disc.

WilkesboroDude

LOL. you should get tagged as board psychologist.

Agree, we need a purple tag, certified in calming down the perpetual pessimists... See the line that just fired as it hit the sound, on the phone with our guys here in the east, kind of came out of nowhere, appears to be hooking up with the convection south of Lookout.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at DOT cams at nc 55 in N Cary. Looks like snow in the streetlamps under the 30 dBZ

Just came back inside. Moderate rain falling at the moment. Looks like the heavy returns on radar are going to go right over my house. Hopefully that'll switch us over to something frozen.

its not over after that. See my posts above. Long Range TWDR data shows snow behind this still. RAH and GSP radars are not picking it up.

I hear you. Looking at the radar image you posted, that looks ok for the I-40 corridor. I'm in far SE Wake, so looking upstream, the precip looks pretty light. I would think we'd need heavier precip to help cool the column enough for snow here. Either way, I'm glad for the folks that see some snow.

Just looked at DOT cams at nc 55 in N Cary. Looks like snow in the streetlamps under the 30 dBZ

I know exactly which camera you're talking about. I'm right off Hwy 55 and Jenks Rd and it's still rain here. I see where others are reporting ip in Apex so change over should be soon.

Archived