Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strangely enough I just saw a few snowflakes and ice pellets on the way into work. Kind of strange with temps in the low 40's but the DP's are pretty low.

A buddy and I were transplanting some trees today, and shortly after noon, I was amazed to have some sleet falling. I was sure I was having sleet deprivation delirium, and my usual visions, but seeing your post, makes me think I'm not crazy after all. Whew! I'm not crazy, what a relief, lol. T

It was 29 at 8 a.m., and has moved up to 35 right now, but the sky has completely clouded over during the last hour, and it sure feels like it wants to snow.... I'm just saying.

By the way, please let us know if you would like to join us for the March 31st "Southeast" weather gathering here near Lake Lure. Twenty adventurous souls have already said they would. And a good time will be had by all....

post-1004-0-05173500-1326811802.jpg

Just reading all the morning lows into the twenty's. We only had a low of 42. The wind was blowing 40 last night. You could hear it coming down the mountain. It was gusting so high it blew some lawn chairs off the deck and blew some small trees down. Crazy night.

85, Our am low in Weaverville was 39.9 @ 8 o'clock. Most of the am was in the low to mid 40s.

Blacksburg:

There may be an hour or two where the cold pool of the front

undercut the mild 850mb warm nose. Brief isolated pockets of sleet

may proceed the change to snow near the crest of the Blue Ridge

shortly after midnight. Once the really cold air arrives...the

bulk of the precipitation will have shifted east of the cold

front.

Blacksburg:

There may be an hour or two where the cold pool of the front

undercut the mild 850mb warm nose. Brief isolated pockets ofsleet

may proceed the change to snow near the crest of the Blue Ridge

shortly after midnight. Once the really cold air arrives...the

bulk of the precipitation will have shifted east of the cold

front.

If I had a nickle for every time...............

Damp and warm here at KTRI today. Feels great outside.

SPC put out a nice back-cast at 2000Z for the mid-South action, now that it is dying over the Cumberland Plateau. It is not the mountains that protect; it is the stable air along the I-75 corridor in Tenn. Southwest wind can warm Chatt quickly, but I doubt it this time with mdt rain coming ahead. The 15% is probably good for northwest Georgia but I'll sell it all day in Tenn. Continue AL/MS.

Blue Ridge and NC High Country may get some flakes tonight before precip ends. Good wind direction but 850/700 not quite as cold for NC, which knocks down the upside surprise potential in contrast to last two. Virginia portion looks good again tonight. Enjoy!

Not sure if Mississippi is considered "Southeastern" here but a rather intense storm

with potential for a tornado is southwest of Hattiesburg at the moment. I saw the

mesocyclone intensify at 344 CST, but a TOR was not issued until a clear-cut TVS

was indicated at 355 CST. Even if a tornado does not occur, I wished they would

have moved a tad quicker on this storm.

Archived