Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I no the snow in ten days rule is crazy but it has verified for me more so than non in many winters. This winter it has been spot on. Maybe because i live in the mountains but i tend to put stock in it. I have not heard any thunder but they are calling for snow after midnight for me. Who noes. Current temp is 51.2 and light rain.

The local NBC station's satellite dish was hit by lighting and local HD is out as well as Comcast, Dish and Direct TV signals for them. Crazy! Better get snow in ten days!

Yeah I had an issue with my Directv signal a while ago. No issue with my wireless internet though, which is odd because I always seem to lose it during a storm. Hopefully that wive's tale pulls through haha. I expect white on the ground unless someone brings a lot of spray paint...

Got .1 with the first bit of rain this afternoon, and got .2 with the first band about dusk. Another band is approaching, but I can't see getting more that a tenth or two from it as it isn't very deep, and it's moving fast. Kind of pitiful, but I'll take it over sunny and warm. Sure hope more comes in for the weekend. T

Not sure if Mississippi is considered "Southeastern" here but a rather intense storm

with potential for a tornado is southwest of Hattiesburg at the moment. I saw the

mesocyclone intensify at 344 CST, but a TOR was not issued until a clear-cut TVS

was indicated at 355 CST. Even if a tornado does not occur, I wished they would

have moved a tad quicker on this storm.

0402 PM CST TORNADO 4 NE SANDY HOOK 01/17/2012 MARION CO MS

*** 2 INJ *** EF-2 TORNADO...3 MILE PATH LENGTH AND 1/4

MILE WIDTH...ALONG MAIL ROUTE RD AND CLEAR CREEK

CHURCH RD...MOBILE HOME DESTROYED AND ONE HOUSE

HEAVILY DAMAGED...NUMEROUS TREES AND POWER LINES DOWN.

Apparently it did become a tornado after all. I hope the two

individuals are OK. Their mobile home was pretty much leveled.

7 minutes lead time, now it can been seen why I wanted a TOR

here 5-6 minutes earlier.

Archived