joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how long it's gonna take to scrape this 40 degree ice off of the Jeep?

That is the forecast I heard.

My thermometer might be a little off with it's 30 degree reading...sensor had frost on it. :/

Yeah, my low this morning was 29.0. Nice and frosty busted forecast, but hey, the NWS is human too. I'm currently at 37 now.

Not a lot of moisture but is showing wide spread flurry action like Robert has been preaching! I'd take it for now

At this point I'd would also take a period of flurries and be happy to see some flakes lol. Cloudy start to 2012 let's hope it's a good omen lol

Happy new year to all the we oops lol SE peeps

At this point I'd would also take a period of flurries and be happy to see some flakes lol. Cloudy start to 2012 let's hope it's a good omen lol

Happy new year to all the we peeps

You're probably good to see some flurries, don't you usually get a few with cold outbreaks? The cold is definitely a sure thing, most models now have -15 at 850 some have -16 around this area, so this is the coldest atleast at that level I can find in a few years for extreme ne GA to around the 85 corridor in SC, NC. So far most forecasts still have us in upper 30's Tuesday so they're banking on some downslope warming. Guess we'll see how warm it gets, but looks like upper 20s to near 30 in my view for ne GA to CLT region with low to mid 20's AVL and mid to upper 20's HKY , so for high temps this is a nice one. We just can't get much colder than that for highs, unless we're talking a strong CAD event and lots of High Pressure damming, or we have an outbreak on the scale of 1985, which is all time record setting.

I think when Asheville goes below freezing late tonight, they don't go back to above freezing until Wednesday afternoon. And it will be close that day as there could be just enough clouds to prevent reaching freezing that day, so if they don't hit freezing Wednesday, it would push them into Thursday afternoon until getting above freezing.

I think when Asheville goes below freezing late tonight, they don't go back to above freezing until Wednesday afternoon. And it will be close that day as there could be just enough clouds to prevent reaching freezing that day, so if they don't hit freezing Wednesday, it would push them into Thursday afternoon until getting above freezing.

With no snowpack and those long duration freezes, remember your water pipes folks!

I'm already at 61... feels like Florida all over again. Calling for highs around 45 tomorrow and 39 on Tuesday.

pretty chilly here at 48 and cloudy.. Sure has been some cold days here while you guys are pretty toasty. BTW who's going for 39 on Tuesday? that's pretty warm for northside of ATL.

You're probably good to see some flurries, don't you usually get a few with cold outbreaks? The cold is definitely a sure thing, most models now have -15 at 850 some have -16 around this area, so this is the coldest atleast at that level I can find in a few years for extreme ne GA to around the 85 corridor in SC, NC. So far most forecasts still have us in upper 30's Tuesday so they're banking on some downslope warming. Guess we'll see how warm it gets, but looks like upper 20s to near 30 in my view for ne GA to CLT region with low to mid 20's AVL and mid to upper 20's HKY , so for high temps this is a nice one. We just can't get much colder than that for highs, unless we're talking a strong CAD event and lots of High Pressure damming, or we have an outbreak on the scale of 1985, which is all time record setting.

i hope to see flurries, but a lot depends on the wind direction, as downsloping can make them vanish in front of my eyes :lol: its certainly looking to be cold, brrr

it better get warm quickly here if not our local tv mets are going to bust big time. They have 63 for highs. Right now cloudy and cool 52 degrees at my house

You will probably warm just before the cold front gets here, I went from 48 to 60 in less than 2 hours. Winds are gusting enough to bring down afew limbs too.

Archived