joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wondering if I will manage to get into the upper teens with this cold snap. I think I will. FFC is calling for a low of 16 at peachtree city wed morning.

I bet you do. I noted on the point and click forecast that places closer to ATL are progged to have 5-10 mph winds while you guys a bit to our east will go calm. Maybe just a difference between the thoughts of the two offices, but the axis of cold air is definitely east of my area. It's a shame this is the only thing we're able to track right now...this time last year the Jan 10 dumping was just about to come on radar.

It is 52 degrees now, 19 degrees higher than yesterday and actually an above average high for the date. That cold shot did not last very long lol.

It would of been a lot colder if there was snow on the ground. I bet the next good cold shot will keep the high temps in check.

I just had a six degree increase in temps over the course of an hour. Very odd considering I was already down to 36 at 8:55 then back up to 42 at 9:55. Moto just reported the same thing in the banter thread. Kinda weird considering the winds have been SW for a while and the temp had no problems dropping earlier.

http://www.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KMGE.html

Temps are soaring today in north Georgia. Atlanta is at 61, I'm at 59, both places are about 10 degrees above normal for the high. This is just the beginning of a nice stretch of well above normal temps, this is going to do a number on the January departures. the below normal deficits will be quickly erased and replaced with a hefty + anomaly by the time this warm stretch ends.

Archived