joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Line of intense showers came thru here about a hour ago. I didn't think there would be much moisture to work with today but that line packed a punch, lots of wind and rain. Temp is 46.

that same line is crossing my area as we speak...clouds have definitely stopped what was supposed to be a 60 degree day

NNW wind is really gusty right now in Weaverville. Temp is falling at a rate of 2° every 10 minutes! What a wild day weather wise.

all the models have strong cold advection beginning before dawn in the western Carolinas, and I doubt AVL goes up to freezing tomorrow, it will be close but probably no cigar with that very strong cold advection beginning so early. If so that means Asheville could be below freezing from tonight from midnight until around Wednesday afternoon.

all the models have strong cold advection beginning before dawn in the western Carolinas, and I doubt AVL goes up to freezing tomorrow, it will be close but probably no cigar with that very strong cold advection beginning so early. If so that means Asheville could be below freezing from tonight from midnight until around Wednesday afternoon.

Robert, As usual you nailed this several days ago when GSP was being really conserv. with temps. They now have my forecast high tomm. @ 30° :clap:

Robert, As usual you nailed this several days ago when GSP was being really conserv. with temps. They now have my forecast high tomm. @ 30° :clap:

I would guess Asheville will record its high temp later on tonight after midnight.

GSP has also gradually lowered the high's for here tomorrow...now upper 30's. GSP noted that downslope will overcome the CAA tomorrow...if that part turns out to be a swing-and-miss...then watch out.

Kudos to Robert for nailing this a few days in advance.

I can't say that yet it's not happened yet. They dropped your temps tomorrow (still have you upper 20's Tues) , but are sticking with upper 30's here on Tuesday.

TUESDAY

SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 30S.

The 850's are about the coldest here in several years, a little colder than early 2010 when we had a high of 30 and 32 in that 2 day cold wave. I know this time there's no snow on the ground upstream so that might make a difference, but at the same time the cold advection hits so quickly that there's hardly any time for moderation. I'm going for low 30's here to CLT on Tuesday, and for Asheville 31 Mon and 23 Tuesday.

Archived