• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

I just went out and read the gauge, registered .33" in 20 minutes Justin. Looks like my amounts in the gauge is pretty close to yours, that gives me comfort about the location I set it up in. I even saw some pea sized hail out of that line, I'm impressed. It's still raining and looks liek plenty more light stuff to my NW poised to move through. I may clear .50" with this line!

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good example of what has been the pattern all year. Just north of I-20, the rain comes down in buckets while the south side of Atlanta misses most everything. The pattern has repeated numerous times. This is remarkable. Within 100 miles, it goes from surplus to major drought.

Yep. It never fails. Every single storm system, North of I-20 gets more than South of I-20. I have no idea why though.

The storms weakened before getting here- just like most of last spring/summer.....

This is a good example of what has been the pattern all year. Just north of I-20, the rain comes down in buckets while the south side of Atlanta misses most everything. The pattern has repeated numerous times. This is remarkable. Within 100 miles, it goes from surplus to major drought.

Yeah, I was in sun most of the day, and only scattered clouds tonight. It is concerning that the present system went from pretty strong down to scattered the closer it got on the maps, and now the midweek storm is a shadow of it's former self. Even the Fri. system is showing two individual closed contours at 138 , one over Tenn, and one over Pensacola , and they split apart the rain as they disappear by the next frame, and leave those of us in need with the dregs again. Sure, it's a week out, but I don't like the drift on the gfs towards weaker. I'm up to 11 days without rain. T

High of 70 degrees yesterday in Greenville, SC - it was a beautiful day - I love winter in the South!

Was able to take the kids and bike at the new Lake Conestee Nature Park (southern extension of the Swamp Rabbit Trail) - had a great time - heard some thunder as well late in the day.

I don't know how you guys in the (Apps/Blue Ridge) mountains deal with all the cold, wind, and snow. Since I'm about an hour south of Asheville, I enjoy easy access to the mountains (elevations > 3,000 feet are 40 minutes north).

51 degrees now with a total of 0.08 inches of rain overnight.

Yep. It never fails. Every single storm system, North of I-20 gets more than South of I-20. I have no idea why though.

I had 59.33 for 2011. (dahlonega) even with that, pond dried up in the summer when we didn't have much rain for a while. I can only imagine what it was like further South.

have got about .60 so far out of this latest system.

A tremendous increase in cold air damning is occurring all across the south.

lmao - you got that right!

at least today "seemed" not summer like haha. foggy, drizzle and rain (with thunder last night). temp hasnt moved much from about 53 most of this afternoon

edited to add:

rain total .68" :)

It's over with now!! We had a little shower and now I'm hearing THUNDER!! You know what that means. Don't cha? :)

thats right, i didnt remember that last night when the storms were moving through. seems like a lot of us heard thunder, eh :devilsmiley:

Couldn't get the first sprinkle here last night...sigh...hopefully I'll have better luck on Wednesday :)

.2 found me today....while 50 miles north they were seeing thunder and over a half inch. Been the story of the last few years. My consolation is knowing when the worm turns, I'll be getting tons of sleet and snow, while points north are enjoying their precip. free cold air, lol. T

First slight risk of the year....and of course it is in the SE...

DAY 2 CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

1258 AM CST MON JAN 09 2012

VALID 101200Z - 111200Z

...THERE IS A SLGT RISK OF SVR TSTMS ACROSS PARTS OF THE CENTRAL

GULF COAST REGION...

...SYNOPSIS...

AN UPPER LOW INITIALLY OVER CENTRAL TX IS PROGGED TO MOVE STEADILY

EWD ACROSS E TX AND LA THROUGH THE PERIOD. THE FASTER GFS MOVES

THIS FEATURE AS FAR E AS THE AL/MS BORDER BY 11/12Z...WHILE THE NAM

CENTERS THE FEATURE AT THIS TIME OVER THE LOWER MS VALLEY ALONG THE

LA/MS BORDER -- ABOUT 6 HOURS SLOWER THAN THE GFS. THE TIMING

DIFFERENCE WITH THE UPPER SYSTEM IS LIKEWISE REFLECTED AT THE

SURFACE...WITH THE GFS LOW -- AND PARTICULARLY THE COLD FRONT --

SHIFTING EWD ACROSS THE GULF COAST STATES MUCH MORE QUICKLY THAN THE

NAM. IN ANY CASE...THIS SYSTEM WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH THE ENTIRETY

OF THE THUNDER/SEVERE THREAT OVER THE U.S. THIS PERIOD.

ELSEWHERE...A NEW CUT-OFF LOW IS FORECAST TO EVOLVE/DROP SWD JUST

OFF THE CA COAST...WHILE A MUCH FASTER W-E PROGRESSION OF FEATURES

IS EVIDENT IN THE NRN STREAM -- WITH ONE TROUGH VACATING THE NERN

CONUS AND A SECOND DIGGING ESEWD OUT OF CANADA INTO THE N CENTRAL

U.S. THROUGH THE END OF THE PERIOD.

...CENTRAL GULF COAST REGION...

SHOWERS -- AND LIKELY EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS -- WILL BE ONGOING AT

THE START OF THE PERIOD ACROSS PARTS OF LA/AR EWD INTO THE LOWER MS

VALLEY. WHILE MEAGER CAPE IS EXPECTED...SHEAR PROFILES SUPPORTIVE

OF UPDRAFT ROTATION AHEAD OF THE SABINE RIVER AREA SURFACE LOW

SUGGEST LOW-END TORNADO POTENTIAL MAY ALSO BE ONGOING.

AS THE LOW SHIFTS EWD WITH TIME...WEAK MID-LEVEL LAPSE RATES SHOULD

CONTINUE TO INHIBIT APPRECIABLE CAPE INCREASE INTO THE AFTERNOON.

EVENTUALLY HOWEVER...AS THE SURFACE LOW STRENGTHENS AND THE COOLER

AIR ALOFT ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LOW BEGINS TO SPREAD ATOP THE

SURFACE FRONTAL ZONE...ASSOCIATED CAPE/SHEAR INCREASE SUGGESTS A

CORRESPONDING INCREASE IN STORM INTENSITY -- AND THUS A GREATER

THREAT FOR LOCALLY DAMAGING WINDS AND ISOLATED TORNADOES. GREATEST

POTENTIAL APPEARS TO EXIST FROM LATE AFTERNOON INTO THE OVERNIGHT

HOURS...AND WHILE DIFFERENCES IN MODEL TIMING COMPLICATE THE

FORECAST FOR AREAS OF GREATEST THREAT...WILL INTRODUCE A SLIGHT RISK

FROM SERN LA EWD ACROSS SRN MS/SWRN AL AND INTO THE WRN FL

PANHANDLE.

..GOSS.. 01/09/2012

.2 found me today....while 50 miles north they were seeing thunder and over a half inch. Been the story of the last few years. My consolation is knowing when the worm turns, I'll be getting tons of sleet and snow, while points north are enjoying their precip. free cold air, lol. T

.17 for me as I got lucky and had a couple of showers move directly over mby :weight_lift: Goofy gave me .10 while the NAM gave me .30 so it was a nice compromise :hug:

Archived