Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Tornado Warning remains in effect until 645 PM EST for

southeastern Caldwell and Alexander counties...

At 625 PM EST... National Weather Service Doppler radar continued to

indicate a tornado. This tornado was located near Lake Hickory... or

6 miles north of Hickory... moving northeast at 35 mph.

Other locations in the warning include but are not limited to

Millersville... Ellendale and Taylorsville

Apparently someone's home had collapsed and are trapped in a basement. Terrible news.

Stay safe everyone:

When you get the chance go back and watch the cbs evening news: 2 outstanding reports. 1st one on Cordova Alaska having received 15 feet of snow, temps above freezing today, then tanking again Friday. National Guard called in to dig town out. Their heavy snow months are Feb/Mar on average.

2cnd great story on AO and showing how Vale ski resort having worst season ever along with other busines's. I never watch evening news, just sitting here doing work on laptop. They have a machine to scoop via bulldozer and dump snow into to melt at 150 degrees in cordova and here I sit witout seeing a flake/flurry since last winter.

Got home at 5ish this afternoon...supremely busy day and have not watched the radar all day long but was in shock when I saw what is in the picture below...small hail or graupel...gathered along the railroad tie in the driveway...Either I have been trolled (snowcone machine dumpings) or I have missed a really cool event.... :cry:

post-1670-0-82016100-1326325789.jpg

The storm continues to show rotation, as such a new TOR is in effect. The circulation

is crossing I-40 at 610 PM EST and looks to go just, and I mean just, northwest of

downtown Hickory within the next 10 to 15 minutes. Hope its above the ground.

I guess it was not above the ground the whole time. From review, the strongest of

the g2g circulation was between 607 to 613 PM EST, almost right as it crossed

I-40 somewhere between Icard and Hildebran...or about 5 to 7 miles west of the

city center of Hickory. I know you cannot guess a tornado EF rating by radar, but

based upon the damage reports and rotation strength, this may have been bigger

than just a small spin-up. I hope everyone comes out of this ok.

We drove out Salem church road. A barn and some of a house had damages about 1 mile past Harvey Logan road (the big white house on top of the hill)

Talked EFD and they stated that people were trapped on dycus road. Was able to drive to dycus but was not allowed on it. Kim's mother in law has a scanner and found this out 4 people were In critical condition (all from the dycus road area). All are being sent to Cleveland county reg. One had a wall fall on them and one was blown out The house. MAMA was called but was unsafe to land so that were transported via ambulance.

This would be about 2 miles NW on me...

I'm hearing tornado damage around Ellenboro School, about 2 miles to my northeast. I'm fine here, had some hail and wind, didn't expect it was that bad that close.

The storm went approximately two miles west of my house. Note, I live in Hildebran. According to reports from my family (I am in college at UNC-A), there are trees and power lines reported down all over the county. Everyone in my family is ok. There are reports of a structure collapse and other damage; however, the bigger problem is the trees that are down. I will update as soon as I receive more information. Prayers are need right now.

I know you hate being away man.

The storm went approximately two miles west of my house. Note, I live in Hildebran. According to reports from my family (I am in college at UNC-A), there are trees and power lines reported down all over the county. Everyone in my family is ok. There are reports of a structure collapse and other damage; however, the bigger problem is the trees that are down. I will update as soon as I receive more information. Prayers are need right now.

Archived