Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My mum...

Turtle

Hello my friends.

After a long battle with cancer and Alzheimer's, my mother, Nancy, passed peacefully at 845 AM today. My brother, two sisters and I already miss her terribly. Ironically, she passed on what would have been my father's 80th birthday (he passed suddenly almost 30 years ago). I wanted to share this sad news with my friends here in the NE subforum.

The final stage began on Friday evening (yep, my birthday) with difficulty breathing. The hospice nurse was there on Saturday, along with my brother and sister. At that point, she seemed OK (well, considering) other than new meds on board. However, two hospice nurses checked her out on Monday and said it would be anywhere from hours up to 2 weeks. I visited with Ma yesterday, and she was having a tough time. I knew it was close. Even last week, I had a feeling it would be today, my dad's birthday. As it turns out, so did my two sisters. Weird how it worked out that way.

I grew up in Quincy, so the wake and funeral will be held there early next week. My other sister will be coming up from Delaware this weekend.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support during this tough time for my family.

--Turtle :cry:

Rest in peace to your mother, I'm sure she was a wonderful person and it sounds like she lived a long and productive life, especially producing a child who has made a career out of something a lot of us dream of doing! Good luck, I can't speak personally for losing a parent but just know that other people are thinking of you.

Chris

Eleanor,

This is hugely sad for you. There really isn't anything anyone can really say or do to assist you during this transitional phase of you and your loved one's lives. Just know that there are brighter, happier times on the other end of this, and this what you mum really wants for you.

J~

Eleanor, Very sorry to hear about your loss. We never met in person, but have crossed paths here, and even years ago on the old IRC chat channel.

I lost my Dad suddenly a few years and ago and the best I can say is that with time the pain lessons and more and more you remember the happier times when they were healthy. Eventually the happy memories win out.

Eleanor,

This is hugely sad for you. There really isn't anything anyone can really say or do to assist you during this transitional phase of you and your loved one's lives. Just know that there are brighter, happier times on the other end of this, and this what you mum really wants for you.

J~

Hello my friends.

After a long battle with cancer and Alzheimer's, my mother, Nancy, passed peacefully at 845 AM today. My brother, two sisters and I already miss her terribly. Ironically, she passed on what would have been my father's 80th birthday (he passed suddenly almost 30 years ago). I wanted to share this sad news with my friends here in the NE subforum.

The final stage began on Friday evening (yep, my birthday) with difficulty breathing. The hospice nurse was there on Saturday, along with my brother and sister. At that point, she seemed OK (well, considering) other than new meds on board. However, two hospice nurses checked her out on Monday and said it would be anywhere from hours up to 2 weeks. I visited with Ma yesterday, and she was having a tough time. I knew it was close. Even last week, I had a feeling it would be today, my dad's birthday. As it turns out, so did my two sisters. Weird how it worked out that way.

I grew up in Quincy, so the wake and funeral will be held there early next week. My other sister will be coming up from Delaware this weekend.

Thank you so much for your kind words and support during this tough time for my family.

--Turtle :cry:

Eleanor, I know we already spoke the other day and I want to express my sincerest condolences on the passing of your mom. We are all thinking of you and wish you all the best through this tough time. :cry::hug:

Archived