Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Hurricane Irene Obs/Discussion Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame CWG, they retweeted the bad info!

My relief will be (hopefully) driving over from the shore, so I've got my eye on the Maryland CHART website highway signs. At this point they're only warning of cross winds on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I figure when the empty trailers are no longer allowed to cross, the closure won't be too much later.

Tornado watch is verifying here, just had a close lightning strike with the squalls coming in from the Ocean. My strongest gusts are around 25 mph at this point.

post-675-0-41732700-1314461575.gif

Why are you posting this in the Mid Atlantic forum?

And second, what has a tornado watch have to do with lightning strikes and squalls?

Calm down, I'm certainly not going to post my obs in the Philly sub-forum. As Sparky stated, the heavy convection could mix a tornado down to the surface.

Infact, a tornado warning was issued for Sussex county, DE. This board is turning into easternuswx.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ 1212 PM EDT SAT AUG 27 2011 THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A * TORNADO WARNING FOR... EAST CENTRAL SUSSEX COUNTY IN SOUTHERN DELAWARE... * UNTIL 1245 PM EDT * AT 1210 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR REHOBOTH BEACH...OR 17 MILES SOUTH OF CAPE MAY...MOVING WEST AT 35 MPH. * THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR... REHOBOTH BEACH BY 1220 PM EDT... LEWES BY 1230 PM EDT...

Calm down, I'm certainly not going to post my obs in the Philly sub-forum. As Sparky stated, the heavy convection could mix a tornado down to the surface.

Infact, a tornado warning was issued for Sussex county, DE. This board is turning into easternuswx.

Isn't the Philly subforum where it would belong though? There is no more reason for you to post it here than there. Probably less in fact.

Archived