amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Hurricane Irene Obs/Discussion Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

** ALERT *** very good source says NWSFO AKQ and NHC now admits that IRENE is NOT turning to ne and will track trough NORFOLK

Apparently others heard it on CBS6 TV down there... interesting

Even LC think so too...

Srain just confirmed as much in Shout... said it will be very close to Norfolk later

You certainly will. Because that's where it belongs.

So, from this point forward, post your obs in the appropriate forum or you won't be posting at all.

Slapdown! :jerry:

Interesting to watch the solid rain core down where you guys are occasionally "throw" off a narrow band of rain that passes through out here. Kinda like peeling an onion.

Frederick rain so far: Trace and that was this morning. Like I said, I'll go with less than 0.25" total for us. Mother Nature has to prove that it really can rain here.

I get how you feel being in Central MD's little desert zone, but the orographics that cause alot of east-moving Tstorms to lose their punch right over you could result in very heavy rain for you as those bands push against the Blue Ridge.

Just got our first brief band here in northern MontCo.

That was fast

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

FLASH FLOOD WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

1250 PM EDT SAT AUG 27 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...

CALVERT COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...

ST. MARYS COUNTY IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 645 PM EDT

I wonder where in Calvert county the flash flooding is occurring? It's certainly not in my neighborhood.

Watching radar and if the holes keep opening in that outer band the forecast for me is correct. May have to go out and water my garden later.

They will stop falling apart as the storm moves north. They were doing that to me earlier this morning (8-10 AM), but it's been steady moderate rain for the last few hours here in western Henrico County.

I'm starting to think I may need to relocate from Northwest to Southeast DC to see heavy rain, that is how tight the gradient could be. Either way, widespread power outages seem increasingly likely. Reports of trees already falling down in DC, and it's just breezy.

Archived