joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Irene Obs/Discussion Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wind forecast seems overdone. Latest has winds of 31-41 tonight, with gusts to 50. Wilmington, NC, which was closer to the center of the storm when it was stronger than it will be up here never got above 46 mph sustained. Given that, and the projected path, I'm having a tough time believing that we'll see sustained winds much above 25-30.

The wind forecast seems overdone. Latest has winds of 31-41 tonight, with gusts to 50. Wilmington, NC, which was closer to the center of the storm when it was stronger than it will be up here never got above 46 mph sustained. Given that, and the projected path, I'm having a tough time believing that we'll see sustained winds much above 25-30.

Agree there, also during Isabel winds were over-forecasted from what I hear.

Tornado Warning for Chesapeake, VA

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED TORNADO WARNING NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WAKEFIELD VA 825 AM EDT SAT AUG 27 2011 THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WAKEFIELD HAS ISSUED A * TORNADO WARNING FOR... CITY OF CHESAPEAKE IN SOUTHEAST VIRGINIA... SOUTH CENTRAL CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH IN SOUTHEAST VIRGINIA... * UNTIL 900 AM EDT * AT 822 AM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR BACK BAY...AND MOVING WEST AT 50 MPH. * THIS DANGEROUS STORM WILL BE NEAR... GREAT BRIDGE AROUND 830 AM EDT. CHESAPEAKE AIRPORT AROUND 835 AM EDT. DEEP CREEK AROUND 840 AM EDT. OTHER LOCATIONS IMPACTED BY THIS DANGEROUS STORM INCLUDE HICKORY AND HERBERTS CORNER.

Archived