joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.. i just changed back to rain/sleet from all snow when a heavier band moved through... temps are suppose to drop considerably later though.

and JUST as I said that.. looked over the window and I see snow starting to mix back in again..

temps are like so marginal Im assuming.. my temp has been switching between 31 and 32 here for a few hours now.

You're right it is. MUCAPE is going to look "big" by definition. But it still is a good sign that convection and TSSN is a distinct possibility this afternoon/evening. Nashville's skew-T looks like it has a possible unstable layer at about 775mb. IAD's even looks a little unstable around 700mb.

Those SKEW-Ts verbatim... BNA has a conditionally unstable layer starting at 575mb and IAD is conditionally unstable at 750mb.

I'm eye-balling it... temperature lines basically follow the moist adiabats, so while there is no real MUCAPE in the soundings, they are still conditionally unstable.

I looked earlier and they were actually a little more slopes than the moist adiabat and looked better than the forecast sounding yesterday. That might be the reason for the 1" in 6 hr precipitation rate. The radar over WV look impressive.

I looked earlier and they were actually a little more slopes than the moist adiabat and looked better than the forecast sounding yesterday. That might be the reason for the 1" in 6 hr precipitation rate. The radar over WV look impressive.

Wes, how do you feel about the 1" in 6 hour thing....it probably is excessive (its the NAM after all), but is it realistic with this ull?

Archived