May Discobs 2024

George BM

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Per usual

We did pick up 1.02 over the weekend into Monday... Only .13 fell Monday when flash flooding was occurring to our north in Harrisonburg and over toward Scottsville... Everything greened up nicely this week... However as expected , with the last 3 months of way below precip -the drought monitor shows abnormally dry conditions rolling up the valley south of Harrisonburg now...

On 5/8/2024 at 4:12 PM, MN Transplant said:

87/88 at DCA.  

Thanks but sorry. My post was not about DCA, it was about Augusta County where with my high was 78 compared to a predicted high of 89. The NWS and others are often hyping temps. 5-7 degrees above  model expectations.

5 hours ago, stormy said:

Thanks but sorry. My post was not about DCA, it was about Augusta County where with my high was 78 compared to a predicted high of 89. The NWS and others are often hyping temps. 5-7 degrees above  model expectations.

I've noticed a trend of 'running high' last 6-8 months for my location too. 84 forecasted, 77.8 actual today. 

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

Nam shows activity moving through overnight. Maybe we can pick up a few tenths. Cells are popping to the west. Water vapor shows the boundary pretty well.

Getting pounded like Jenna Jameson right now. 

Anyone debating an aurora chase tomorrow night? Tempted to go NW to the mountains if the forecast holds.

edit: just saw the cloud cover forecast. Hopefully it last through Saturday night lol

Another one just popped! X4 this time!

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Feels like this spring we’re either wedged in with cool cloudy easterly flow or completely torched. Not much in between. 

I was just saying the same thing. It's our two base states fighting for control. 50 and cloudy for 6 months is fighting with 90 and dry for 6 months. Looks like only .03 last night. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

I've noticed a trend of 'running high' last 6-8 months for my location too. 84 forecasted, 77.8 actual today. 

The latest 6-10 day from the CPC predicts warmer than normal for the tri-state region from May 15 - 19.  For the same period, the GFS, ECM and GEM predicts cooler than average!!!!

This has been going on with NOAA for a long time.......... I must wonder why??

They always err on the side of warmer than normal, not cooler than normal..........................

7 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Nice line of showers and thunderstorms lined up from Cumberland MD to Snowshoe to Beckley WV heading east.

Well, only 0.04 here, but better than nothing lol. Breezy this morning from NW with 57.9/52.7 under PC skies.