• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ECLIPSE CHASING!!!!

23 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Definitely not 'darker' here per se. But it is absolutely dimmer...almost as if a mostly cloudy day.

Just about pitch dark in midtown right now. I was so busy at work that I forgot about the eclipse so I told a co-worker that it wasn't supposed to rain today so I don't know why it's so dark then he told me it's the eclipse and needless to say that I felt like a dummy haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's amazing that even with the sun blocked 89% here on LI, if no one told me there was an eclipse would I even notice?  Maybe I might think things seemed a little off, but I doubt it.  Hoping some of the folks who travelled to where there was totality will share some picks once all is said and done!

2 minutes ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

It's amazing that even with the sun blocked 89% here on LI, if no one told me there was an eclipse would I even notice?  Maybe I might think things seemed a little off, but I doubt it.  Hoping some of the folks who travelled to where there was totality will share some picks once all is said and done!

Looks like evening at 3:30 in the afternoon and temp is dropping with full sun.  Very cool to look at with the glasses

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

Yeah it stays pretty bright out even with just 10% of the sun. Didn't seem very dark to me. Really meh, but I know it's cool to look at with the special glasses for people that are fascinated by this event. 

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Looks like evening at 3:30 in the afternoon and temp is dropping with full sun.  Very cool to look at with the glasses

Oh yeah no doubt it was fun to see through the glasses.  What's scary is that as the 2017 one was ending we were talking about this 2024 one and it feels like it got here in five minutes.  Scary.  

• Like 1