joxey
Late Feb/March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z EPS extended control March 23 lock in the crocus and daffodiI crusher....

IMG_3277.png

If we can get 70 degree weather in January (incl 80 in DC) then I’m not going to shed a tear if people get mad about spring snow.

Yeah, I know I’m being spiteful. But unseasonable weather can go both ways :devilsmiley:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 87storms said:

March 17, 2014 was legit...we had about 6-8" in Bethesda.  March 2018 was about half that, but still a decent event...and was also a reminder that you really need rates during the day to keep up with the sun angle.  Once the rates lightened up, it was a wrap.

Also I think it was March 2017 and not 2018

lol we go through this every year. Then invariably we go back to tracking things that we know are way way way too far out and thinking at 24 or 48 hours we’re “safe” despite knowing all the rug pulls we’ve suffered over the years inside those leads.  Copium is a powerful drug!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

It's been an hour since the last post in this region.  Can we fire up the severe weather thread?  I'm getting hyped about that.

@Kmlwx usually starts that, but someone can get it going. If there’s a “we’re due index” for thunderstorms, it’s got to be pretty high because the last 2 years have been duds.

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

@Kmlwx usually starts that, but someone can get it going. If there’s a “we’re due index” for thunderstorms, it’s got to be pretty high because the last 2 years have been duds.

Yea, that should probably be KMLWX.  He'll know when it's time.  It's probably a little early.

Edit: He did create it in December of 2022 for '23, though.  Shows what kind of winter we had last year lol.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

Yea, that should probably be KMLWX.  He'll know when it's time.  It's probably a little early lol.

Usually starts late april early may, no?

I’m overseas the entire month of April so I get to skip the most boring part of the year :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Speak for yourself. My town has been hit by 2 tornadoes in 5 years and my property sustained major damage twice last summer. No thanks. I’ll take a nice boring summer where I can sit by my pool and not coordinate contractor repairs. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Speak for yourself. My town has been hit by 2 tornadoes in 5 years and my property sustained major damage twice last summer. No thanks. I’ll take a nice boring summer where I can sit by my pool and not coordinate contractor repairs. 

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I hear you. I feel like I didnt even hear thunder IMBY last May. 

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

Yea, that should probably be KMLWX.  He'll know when it's time.  It's probably a little early.

Edit: He did create it in December of 2022 for '23, though.  Shows what kind of winter we had last year lol.

Done :lol: 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

That is a massive -PNA (in the Pacific) through Day 16 on the 12z GEFS! 

Only 15-30 days away. It’s become lunacy vs discussion. Reminds me of political sites where wishes and feelings overtake reality and outcome 

That’s a bad direction switch from just 5 years ago 

38 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Only 15-30 days away. It’s become lunacy vs discussion. Reminds me of political sites where wishes and feelings overtake reality and outcome 

That’s a bad direction switch from just 5 years ago 

I think it will verify. 

Everyone pretty much knows that it's not going to snow for the next 16 days. That would be much more difficult without models. 

Humans like to be challenged, because that's how they learn best. 

7 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

I think it will verify. 

Everyone pretty much knows that it's not going to snow for the next 16 days. That would be much more difficult without models. 

Humans like to be challenged, because that's how they learn best. 

For the most part the majority of model  supporters do not feel change is necessary.  That should have taken another big hit this season 

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The latest Weeklies get the patten workable by the week of the 11th to the 18th.

The pattern on the Weeklies then continues to look workable through the end of March.

I don't know.. the El Nino's about to take a big hit. These -2-3c anomalies are about to make it to the surface

TAO_5Day_EQ_xz.gif 

I wouldn't be surprised if some cold water started to appear at the surface in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic