Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

32 minutes ago, IronTy said:

JFC this hobby is for masochists around here.  When was the last time we had a non-stressful setup where we got snow?  I have in and charged up the muck truck...just as the trend drifted northwards.  

January... 3 and a half weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

Looks great to me. Love the purple in Loudoun 

Yeah, sticking with 2-4" for dc/balt, and N/W suburbs will make a run for the high end locally 5". No reason to change my first call despite the north trend (a lot of it is model noise)

I-95 and east looks like they'll have temp issues at the onset, but then the rates should overcome that. Then it's only a matter of how long that lasts. N&W will have a longer window of heavy rates with freezing temps allowing for more accumulation

I'm at 47 now, but dewpoint is 16

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

HRRR has areas east of 95 raining for 1-2 hrs before the change over. It really only actually snows for 2 hrs east of 95 between dc/Balt. Will be interesting to see if this verifies.

That’s kind of my thinking now for mby. That more than 0.5”-ish by 1:30 is kind of a bonus. And the bulk falls after that. 

Just now, jmk said:

I thought they stopped making 120?

Oh god no. They have different variations, and you can buy them aged at the Brewery or the store in Rehoboth. I have had a 2010 and 2012 vintage 120min among others in the last couple years. Gets more complex and the alcohol is barely noticeable. Worth the $16 a bottle.

• Like 2

Good luck to y’all tonight.

Back edge of the system headed your way started ho-hum with some rain around noon CT.

By 1pm it was hammering sleet.

By 1:30.. thundersleet. By 2pm, thundersnow with visible bolts of lightning.

Just an absolute scene in SE Missouri.

Storm total will probably come in only around 3” but it single-handedly saved winter with all the phenomenon I’ve never experienced.

Hope you get the same!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I’ll be at car topper  status by the next GFS run.  Better pour me something tall and strong 

Make it a hurricane before you go insane? Lol.

BTW—Where is my HoCo crew!? Sapwood!  SAAAAAAPWOOOOD. :lol: 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

HRRR has areas east of 95 raining for 1-2 hrs before the change over. It really only actually snows for 2 hrs east of 95 between dc/Balt. Will be interesting to see if this verifies.

Think I'll go with an 18z Icon/12z Euro/any run of the Canadian/HRRR blend. 1-3 area wide with some mixing.