• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

For white rain?

They are not using a snow day and they have to consider that many teachers commute from outside of the city where a solid accumulation is expected. I don't think this was a surprising or wrong call at all.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS really nails HFD to BOS and NW with decent fronto I think.

Yeah.  When I'm in the "map jackpot" zone, areas northwest ALWAYS seem to do better.  For example, if Litchfield county shows a jack, Albany ends up jacking in a lot of these setups, not that that particular geographical example applies to this.  

1 minute ago, ILoveWinter said:

They are not using a snow day and they have to consider that many teachers commute from outside of the city where a solid accumulation is expected. I don't think this was a surprising or wrong call at all.

It gives parents a full 24 hours to deal with getting babysitters, etc lined up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick-02540 said:

Yeah.  When I'm in the "map jackpot" zone, areas northwest ALWAYS seem to do better.  For example, if Litchfield county shows a jack, Albany ends up jacking in a lot of these setups, not that that particular geographical example applies to this.  

Yea. You typically want to be just north of the qpf gradient in dynamic systems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

GFS looks damn good. Interesting with H7 though...doesn't seem to develop a closed off circulation until its well east. But that 850 low track is damn perfect for that corridor of HFD to BOS

H7 low basically tracks over southern shore of LI to Block Island or maybe just a touch S of BID on the GFS....that's a great spot for HFD/ORH/BOS.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

I have to wonder about the boundary layer temperatures forecasted by the models.  If it is pounding precip, -6c at 850, with steep lapse rates, NNE surface wind, I don't see how it is not solidly below 32f .

Then again, the models process all of this better than I do....so we'll see. 

Yeah it's not going to be pounding while temps are sitting in the mid 30s. Temps will pin down to 32 or 32.5° along the coast during the heaviest rates. I wouldnt even worry inland a few miles from the beaches. 

That being said..it will start as rain here and I can't see getting more than 5 or 6" with crappy ratios

It’s remarkable how my pessimistic 4”- 6” call for Greenfield on Friday is still going to bust too high.  
I would honestly rather have nothing if we are only getting an inch or two of baking powder.  It was kind of nice hiking bare trails yesterday, not worrying about slipping.

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone want to post the HREF’s that box likes

They are not drug testing based on the juiced maps 

Here's HREF QPF on the 12z run...looks kind of like the NAM though maybe a tiny tick S.

image.png.7e96cc0768d3a66703790345b8c83c60.png

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

I have to wonder about the boundary layer temperatures forecasted by the models.  If it is pounding precip, -6c at 850, with steep lapse rates, NNE surface wind, I don't see how it is not solidly below 32f .

Then again, the models process all of this better than I do....so we'll see. 

Not with that attitude