• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, 512high said:

Chris I call bullshit, shop @ exit 5 still measured 4" in spots and 4.5"

Once again Eastern Mass Weather tops! I hope I get a free key chain or Yeti tumbler

Will take a few picks, measurements 

There's a decent gradient around here. 2.5-4" in my yard, but I see 6-7" reports a few miles away in East Derry/Chester. Northern part of Windham probably has 1-2" more than me. 300-350' or so seems to make the difference too in these, I'm only at 250'. 

• Like 2

Just now, wx2fish said:

There's a decent gradient around here. 2.5-4" in my yard, but I see 6-7" reports a few miles away in East Derry/Chester. Northern part of Windham probably has 1-2" more than me. 300-350' or so seems to make the difference too in these, I'm only at 250'. 

ya,my shop is roughly at 185'

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

And to be honest at around 11pm last night I measure 4.5" but this stuff was hvy/compaction

Looking at the 6-9" reports, on radar there was a nice band that ranged from SNH to our area in Maine, then between 95/Rt.1. It was only 10-15 miles wide and just slowly crept ENE for most of the night before pulling out to the south.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Solid stripe in there from DAW to AFN of 7-9”+

IMG_3997.jpeg

The banding was good enough for 6" to the sea coast NH down to- Newburyport MA/Lawrence. But temps a huge limiting factor throughout.  Pretty cool driving from Dover to DAW and seeing snow amounts triple in ~8 miles.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

The banding was good enough for 6" to the sea coast NH down to- Newburyport MA/Lawrence. But temps a huge limiting factor throughout.  Pretty cool driving from Dover to DAW and seeing snow amounts triple in ~8 miles.

Reminded me of a mid march -late march snowstorm.  It didn't begin to accumulate in Methuen till around 7 PM.

2 hours ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

1.9 in Methuen.  For all intents and purposes it was a mid to late March snowstorm but at the end of January.....

Perfect track, just a couple degrees too warm despite being at peak climo. Climate change is a real bitch, I got barely anything here. I said I would eat my socks if my area got over 7 (then changed it to over 4)….. knew my socks were safe when I looked at my thermometer yesterday morning.

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

That’s great.  How high is the elevation there?

where are you getting the NWS reports? The page just has a few reports from yesterday. Not sure why. It has an updated on their site.

I'm at 500', but the center of town is 850-900'.

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Solid stripe in there from DAW to AFN of 7-9”+

IMG_3997.jpeg

Here's a live field report from that stripe:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Last time I bet against the positive snow depth change maps in a light, marginal event. I was wrong.

They did well on the margins, but way too light in the banding/elevations. Some of those were giving AFN 2-3". Some kind of  combo is probably the best. Maybe using them as the lower end of a forecast range. 

10 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

They did well on the margins, but way too light in the banding/elevations. Some of those were giving AFN 2-3". Some kind of  combo is probably the best. Maybe using them as the lower end of a forecast range. 

I’m going to hike Miller state park at noon . I’m interested to see what they got and what they have at 2200’ and especially if this is winter’s last hurrah for a while 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

took a couple of runs up/down Wachusett this morning. Their snow report is saying 5" probably a bit more at the summit. Went to bed last night thinking there would a lot more when I showed up this morning but you could tell at the base it was mush. Weird stuff falling when I left - not snow, not sleet, kind of like graupel but not really!

• Like 1