Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Here here! 

Looks like it’s finally wrapping up but it was awesome while it lasted.

Picked up a quick 0.4” which leaves me with the same exact total as the previous event - 4.4”

Yeah I spoke too soon. Street out front caved in a nanosecond of this. Might get .25 out of this if it lasts another half hour.

14 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

i was shoveling while it passed - not too much damage.  i'll probably put down some ice melt.  Man the Tenleytown Ace hardware store has been a life saver - I freaking love that place.

They got it at Rodman's too. They have everything there. They're even selling booze now and not just wine and beer. Rodman's has been my life saver more times than I can count! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 09-10 analogy said:

They got it at Rodman's too. They have everything there. They're even selling booze now and not just wine and beer. Rodman's has been my life saver more times than I can count! 

Yeah Rodman's is legendary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

This week of weather has been amazing. I'll take this week over a 20" HECS followed by warm and rain. I've had about 10" of snow this week, cold, snow on snow. Now blowing snow a cold winds. This week made this winter memorable imo.

Winter appeal and stats are 2 different things. On paper, stats so far look entirely underwhelming. But the appeal of a week of sub freezing snowpacked yards, back to back events, and having them both overperform short range will make this winter for me. I'll remember this week until death or dementia lol

• Like 15
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Winter appeal and stats are 2 different things. On paper, stats so far look entirely underwhelming. But the appeal of a week of sub freezing snowpacked yards, back to back events, and having them both overperform short range will make this winter for me. I'll remember this week until death or dementia lol

I think many of us love the long-tracking HECS potential. It’s what made 2016 and 2010 so much fun. Before the Internet and these boards, the aesthetics mattered more but now the excitement of EURO showing HECS at 1:30am is what keeps us going.

• Like 2