Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Colorado powder with these ratios. Should hit a foot+.

Enjoying the last weekend of deep winter up here before we relax the pattern.  Its been ramping up all day long, the last couple squalls being the best to watch.  When the wind eases up, its eerily quiet outside with all the snowcover

• Like 2

I'm going to end up with 8" for the week, and snow on snow. Little to no melting until Monday. Then we go back to who we really are lol.
Nice little storm. The Monday event changed to rain for us, so this is way better in my book. Estimating 2-3 otg.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

Enjoying the last weekend of deep winter up here before we relax the pattern.  Its been ramping up all day long, the last couple squalls being the best to watch.  When the wind eases up, its eerily quiet outside with all the snowcover

This one is awesome that’s going on now. Silver dollar dendrites and ripping. Good time to get into the hot tub.

18 chilly degrees. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 87storms said:

This has been a flush hit. Still going here with large flakes.

It has been! It’s weird not being able to go anywhere. I forgot what that feels like. Not that I have anywhere to be but I just would like the option to be available :lol:

• Like 1

Unofficially measured 3.5" for thus event...total of 7.5 for the week! Given what we've been through the last 8 years...that's a pretty great week :)

P.S. Yes I'm a bit greedy and would like those streamers not to miss me but...hey, what can I say? It's been so long since felt even this much snow!

Just measured:

1.5" near the house (~50-75 feet from Chesapeake Bay)

3.5" further inland (~125 feet from Chesapeake Bay)

Might be more up at the road (~400 feet from bay), but didn’t walk that far.

Typical for snow storms for me. One reason I never do skywarn reporting on snow accumulation - between wind and temperature differences due to the bay, I often have drifting and/or a depth gradient with more snow further from the water.