Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

10 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

If you got 3 after nws bumped you to the 5-8 zone this morning I’d call it a bust. 

Eh, it is what it is. Bad luck (again). It was gorgeous out, I got to walk the dogs twice on the NCR trail with no one around in falling snow and they've been out to play four times and I got to watch my younger lab take long rolling baths in the fresh snow - so...not a bust - but still have not personally seen a 5 inch or greater snowfall since Jan. 2016 (moved for north balt city to monkton in Dec. 2021). It has been a weird run of bad snow luck for me personally for greater snowfalls. At least we didn't miss out almost entirely like happened up here in Jan. 2022 when the beltways over to Ji were getting 10 inches and we got half an inch...

• Like 2

Just had a streamer roll through. It was puking fatties and the winds really picked up. It was near white out conditions at times. The sides of my back yard are lined with cypress trees and about 90% of the snow on them blew off in the gusts. It only lasted a few minutes but wow that was fun!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Light rates and sun through clouds. If you wanted it to stick around you shouldn't have shoveled :lol: 

OR pile snow on the sidewalk. Oh the times neighbors stared at me back in the 1980s. NO ONE is as obsessed, and stands in need of serious anti snow intervention, as I. lmao

3 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

During the band I was in. Tried to capture it the best I could but you get the idea. Back to light snow now but still falling. 

IMG_6110.jpeg

Just wow. Very exuberantly elated at all the snow you are getting to enjoy. All of this is merely appetizers for Feb and March. Better watch out for that reload! Get those shovels and snowblowers ready!

• Like 2

Just had a streamer roll through. It was puking fatties and the winds really picked up. It was near white out conditions at times. The sides of my back yard are lined with cypress trees and about 90% of the snow on them blew off in the gusts. It only lasted a few minutes but wow that was fun!

Yes this is legitimately moderate.
  • Like 1