Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

2 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Humans (at least in this forum) aren't the only ones who love to stare at the snow...although in fairness, Kona is also stalking backyard squirrels. Also, I never tire of looking at snow-blasted trees...ever. Currently 30, went from pixie dust during the 7-10 a.m. timeframe, and it's been steady SN since around then. Could not possibly ask for a more perfect or beautiful winter day.

image.jpeg.0780d8ada01da1a0dd1061cf89a29e43.jpeg

image.jpeg.a06039b7eb93dd755cfdf8e7c7f8daea.jpeg

My god... What is in that shed that you need barbwire for?

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I will answer for psu- his area and adjacent areas have missed any big ones for several years now while the immediate south has cashed.

SHHH they think fringed isn't a real thing. 

But in the long run we will do better.  I had a nice event in Dec that most missed.  But my big advantage is in marginal temp storms, not setups like this.  You win some you lose some, but yea its been a rough couple of years up here.  2022 was actually decent down south but up here it was way below avg.  Hope people remember this when I get some 12" wet snow bomb in March that is mostly rain in DC and they don't come up here with pitchforks.  

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

SHHH they think fringed isn't a real thing. 

But in the long run we will do better.  I had a nice event in Dec that most missed.  But my big advantage is in marginal temp storms, not setups like this.  You win some you lose some, but yea its been a rough couple of years up here.  2022 was actually decent down south but up here it was way below avg.  Hope people remember this when I get some 12" wet snow bomb in March that is mostly rain in DC and they don't come up here with pitchforks.  

They won't. We are snow weenies and are mostly irrational. Ji might even put a turd in your mailbox or something. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

They won't. We are snow weenies and are mostly irrational. Ji might even put a turd in your mailbox or something. 

I know exactly what he means though. I had almost 6" on the 6th when Westminster had basically nothing... those are where the geography/location flourish. 

13 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

The HRRR runs all morning have been parking this narrow band over my yard this afternoon and sitting it there snowing itself out for a couple of hours.

Would be great if it’s on to something and my area can play catchup on accumulations. 

IMG_2425.jpeg

Oddly consistent this morning with such a narrow band. 3k NAM shows the same thing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Interstate said:

My god... What is in that shed that you need barbwire for?

LOL. A few others have asked about that over the years. My property backs to the U.S. Coast Guard's Navigation Center in Alexandria...essentially the nerve center for all of the CG's IT/IS services, hence the gov't issued fence topped with barbed wire lining my land's back edge, with scary signs pointed at our side of the fence stating, "US Government Property - NO TRESPASSING."  :) 

12 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Short Pump looks prime though

"Short Pump!" DRINK!!!  :D 

Final thought -- please keep posting pics from where you're at and as you're able, everyone. I LOVE to see 'em all.

• Like 1