Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Updated LWX AFD 

Weenie'd out with this:

The Allegheny mountains are in for a life-threatening
Winter Storm with a wind blown 6-12" of snow and dangerously
cold wind chills starting tonight into Saturday. Blowing and
drifting snow will be a serious concern.
  • Like 3
  • Weenie 3

8 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Only 2” Westminster. Always get the lowest haha. 

Yeah I'm at 2.7" 6 miles northeast of Westminster. A light but pretty snow falling. One of the negatives with such a good band to the south is the air has to sink somewhere. Looks like northern Carroll and most of Frederick county is dealing with that at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, wxmvpete said:

Yeah I'm at 2.7" 6 miles northeast of Westminster. A light but pretty snow falling. One of the negatives with such a good band to the south is the air has to sink somewhere. Looks like northern Carroll and most of Frederick county is dealing with that at the moment. 

Ahh the beauties of subsidence right. You're up off Gorsuch I'd assume towards Hampstead area? 

3 minutes ago, wxmvpete said:

Two storm we miss the goods to the south. When is it our turn to get the goods? Lol

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

3.9” after 6 hours with first snowboard wipe. 0.2” last hour, 3 hours straight at that rate. Snow is quite light right now, but radar suggests that changes soon.

Seems to be  ramping up as I type and get ready for Jebwalk 2. 

• Like 1

Just went out to shovel and “measure” a few times. Anywhere between 2.9” to 3.3”. Normally wouldn’t shovel so quickly but my wife still recovering from a bad sprained ankle and my daughter has lower back caused doubtlessly by stress about going back to uni and dealing with her roomie, which has, in the immortal words of Hirohito announcing japan’s capitulation after the a-bombs, “has not necessarily worked out to (her) advantage.”

driving her back up tomorrow. Ought to be a wintery trip!

and the rates here now are as good as they’ve been since I woke up.

• Like 1