• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
At least it's something - Jan 16th Snow/Sleet/Ice OBS Thread

The 4 Seasons

back to ripping snow here, just as my dad got done cleaning it...was right at 3" before the flip, I'd say another .25" in the last half hour, looks like back edge approaches tho. roads were a mess leaving work to come home around 1, pouring rain at 24F is not a good time on the hills, plus a truck was going 5mph up 219, took an hour and a half to get home from basically BDL

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Weatherunderground app has 3" for Lew, We have close to 4" now.............:lol:

Maybe 1.5" here with S- and tiny flakes.  Forecast this morning gave a 90% chance of reaching 4" and an "expected" of 7".  We probably won't approach the 7 and I'm not too confident of reaching the 4 - latest map has 1" after 7 PM.  On the bright side, this one won't turn to rain and mess.

Road conditions are just terrible in Franklin County right now.
E43F6651-9D3A-46BA-AEBE-82A0DE07FFEF.jpeg.1a80f6793088ba44a783f4da34866e14.jpeg
Was hoping we'd get another decent burst, but it looks like that back edge is falling apart quickly.

When powder freak mentioned that his band fell apart, I thought it was a possibility. Now it seems a certainty.

Oh well ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

High here was 28.8F....dropped back about a degree to 27.6F now. Everything glazed though hearing a few pingers in the past 15 min, so starting to cool aloft or at least maybe saturate the DGZ again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

How is BOS 32 and you 37.5?  I’m presuming your wind is north?

Scooter still doing his time in the woodshed this winter after his run of mimicking Stowe ended post-1/29/22.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Scooter still doing his time in the woodshed this winter after his run of mimicking Stowe ended post-1/29/22.

It’s like dorchester days…lol.  When he has a full melt and breaks toys and furniture and plates etc we cash in.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Road conditions are just terrible in Franklin County right now.

E43F6651-9D3A-46BA-AEBE-82A0DE07FFEF.jpeg.1a80f6793088ba44a783f4da34866e14.jpeg

My wife just got back from Farmington and said the roads are awful in this Franklin (County) too.  

I thought with temp near 20 and discussions yesterday we would get high ratios.  Have not taken a core but walking in the stuff suggest maybe 8:1 sand.