• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

If there’s anything we do well (which isn’t very much) it’s overrunning coming from our SW with cold air in place. We don’t typically overperform but this is one of the few types of events where it’s possible with that initial part

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Have to take a moment to appreciate the hilarity - this is about the mean we were all given a couple days ago, yet we basically went through a complete meltdown between then and now just to have it come back because that’s the hobby we’ve chosen

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

January 25, 2000 vibes....well, maybe not that insane, but the trends continue

This is my favorite storm of all time. I saw the radar the night before. I was in sixth grade and remember thinking, “That looks like it’s headed right for us.” And yet Bob on NBC was saying we were just gonna get grazed for an inch or two. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

Have to take a moment to appreciate the hilarity - this is about the mean we were all given a couple days ago, yet we basically went through a complete meltdown between then and now just to have it come back because that’s the hobby we’ve chosen

If we had a 20-30" winter last year, we'd probably still follow this closely, but without the desperation

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

If we had a 20-30" winter last year, we'd probably still follow this closely, but without the desperation

These types of events used to be a staple here. 70s-80s had plenty. Looking forward to it. Felt pretty good last week about a couple cold inches. Seems like a lock at this point. 

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Ravens94 said:

Multiple GEFS members are hinting at higher snowfall 

Are they hinting at any more TDs for the Cowboys in the second half as well? Asking for myself. All my friends hate Dallas. :lol: Anyway—hope we can get a little last minute juicy QPF. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

This is my favorite storm of all time. I saw the radar the night before. I was in sixth grade and remember thinking, “That looks like it’s headed right for us.” And yet Bob on NBC was saying we were just gonna get grazed for an inch or two. 

For me, the Jan 2000 surprise storm led to over 2 decades of radar hallucinations. Still, no regrets.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3