Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco 2: Total Obliteration is Coming

Jebman

Bleh 

It’s close man, gfs was the last model to finally come on board with the wave crashing on shore so it’s the weakest of them all. For fun check out end of icon near Washington state that was a beast coming on shore. Setup is there just once again see if we can finally get lucky

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heisy said:

It’s close man, gfs was the last model to finally come on board with the wave crashing on shore so it’s the weakest of them all. For fun check out end of icon near Washington state that was a beast coming on shore. Setup is there just once again see if we can finally get lucky

I still think we have a chance at 1-3/2-4 for the first threat. Hopefully something bigger for the 20th. What’s @tombo82685 saying? 

• Like 1

I can't talk whether you're just ignoring what people say to refute this on purpose or you actually can't see it. Rainstorms are rainstorms and nobody pays attention to shifts in track because they don't typically matter to most of us! 
Why can't you see that? Model waffling happens all year around--just largely unnoticed.

I forecast them and all winter they have been spot on long range
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heisy said:

For this threat root for the energy crashing on shore to trend stronger and for the tpv to tick East which imo will trap the incoming wave under it with the established block. We gotta cash something on these two threats

Cash Out bro while it's still a value

• Confused 1

And never nothing to sudden surprise snow inside 96 hours 

I think that happens more with clippers or in a zonal flow. We just need the gom to be open for business when we get those little diggy NS vorts. Problem is we’ve had a helluva time getting those vorts to track further south.

WB 18Z GFS pretty pathetic through Friday.
IMG_2815.thumb.png.1a0fc2792232952e66fb361d1784c80f.png

At this point I might as well go visit my Alma mater (university at buffalo) if I want to see some legit snow. Last week’s foot in NY helped soothed my weenie soul but I need more.

11 hours ago, Heisy said:

Wow, this screams MECS+ for Ne, if we can back up the trough a little more we could get in on this as well52cc0cf52df70f72e5915db75b3d5dd7.jpg
5f7a2096d1d2ca4397d35f98a71cbb90.jpg

This window has held potential for awhile now because of the advertised favorable h5 setup. I have been monitoring it ever since it showed up on the ens guidance, and one key missing component has been any southern stream energy of significance. The primary energy for the possible storm is embedded in the flow overtop the western ridge. That can work if it digs far enough south, but we need some NS energy associated with the TPV to get involved. By this time it is shifting into eastern Canada, with the tendency for interaction/a phase to occur a little late for the MA. Also doesn't help that the PNA ridge axis is modeled to shift eastward during this time. The ens means have been very consistent with a signal for low pressure forming around our latitude and strengthening as it moves northeastward offshore.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, CAPE said:

And this is how it can work- we get that interaction and enough dig at just the right time to induce low pressure at the coast.

1705708800-ylTNYUMYxHE.png

1705698000-tkezQLGfwjk.png

Its a glancing blow though and a great outcome for north of Philly to SNE.

1705741200-jk3lJDEpyqo.png

Too bad ridge axis is not near Boise.  

Is GFS hour 384 still showing cross polar flow as psu mentioned a couple days back.? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That low track is pretty far offshore- looks like an inverted trough type deal.

Oh, the dreaded inverted trough those rarely work out, but when they do they are interesting.  The last one to visit around here I think was like 2008 or so.  We picked up 7" of snow while 30 miles away the skies were clear to the north with the moon out and a few passing clouds go 13 miles southeast they picked up 13" go 13 miles southwest they picked up 2".  They are interesting and fun to track.  Right now, we are looking for anything that will work at this point and an inverted trough is an interesting one. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic