Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

It's funny. Before the storm started I mistaking we will settle at 8 in when all is said and done. We have about 5" ( Have some compression with the drizzle on top I'm just a w excuse me eight the snow ).

Strangely, it's been a weird snizzle for the last hour and a half. The radar looks like it's filling in around us so I'm thinking we should start to see the snow coming down again. Any minute. Very strange

My bar was originally 4 and then 6 at onset. Still think that’s doable here. A good part of CT has done well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

warning snowfall in CT seems to be right near the 84 line with 6-12". S VT and S NH really got porked so far. Theyll see a few more inches but not getting near those 12-18 totals on those maps ive seen around from the NWS

1558368529_Screenshot2024-01-07103149.thumb.png.3f7b1c892300f51062476b10fcea3c63.png

GYX tend to slight over do it with there map predictions then slowly tweak them as time continues. This particular storm is one of those times.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

About 6” now in Holliston. It was closer to 5-5.5” when I went out about 90 min ago. So I’m def running at least a couple inches behind MPM in westborough. 

Intereesting......I'm not sure what was going on from start time until 4:30.  Perhaps I was in that band longer.

Meanwhile, not much happening now.   Hoping round 2 performs.