• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

Weather station at home in union bridge shows 33 and my cam shows POURING rain. Man, we just can’t catch a damn break in our area. Congrats to those along the mason Dixon line north of Frederick who seem to have at least managed a respectable storm.

Not exactly sure what I ended up with here in Smithsburg.

I'm going to guess between 3 and 4. It was snowing extremely hard a couple hours ago while I was sledding with the kids but then changed to rain and really compacted everything. Just got home. Tough to get a accurate measurement.  Might need to look at reports around me.

• Like 4

Not exactly sure what I ended up with here in Smithsburg.
I'm going to guess between 3 and 4. It was snowing extremely hard a couple hours ago while I was sledding with the kids but then changed to rain and really compacted everything. Just got home. Tough to get a accurate measurement.  Might need to look at reports around me.

Think it’s going to end up in 5.5-6 inch range based on local reports.

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

Thanks man.  It’s been a beautiful day here.  Beef stew in the crockpot, corn bread in the oven, and icy cold IPA’s for the football later.  

That sounds like home style cookin!!  Gets me up for a steak in about an hour.

• Like 1

Drove back to Deep Creek today, it was rain/sleet mix and 37 when we left Ellicott City at noon, until we hit Hagerstown on I-70. All snow from Hagerstown to Cumberland, where it was pouring snow. Heading up the hill towards Frostburg/Swanton it tapered off to a freezing drizzle and 27 degrees. Took 4.5 hrs (usually takes 2.5) and saw a bunch of idiots with no snow tires and RWD stuck on I-70. 

Cumberland and just east was definitely the jackpot in Maryland. Probably 4" on the ground out here in Deep Creek, when we stopped in La Vale to charge there was 6-8" and coming down hard. Had another inch on the car during the 30 minute charging session.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Just looked at that MD cam north of Hagerstown again and saw this.  Ooof

image.png.d4091911ea77ad3721c17285cf6ef059.png

I70/I68 was a s-show between hagerstown and cumberland. We took it slow and steady with proper equipment and did fine. Many cars and trucks stuck on the uphill climbs. 

Car 1/4 mile in front of us tried to pass another car in the unplowed left lane and immediately fish tailed into the guardrail.

Dude in an acura integra with only tshirt on trying to shovel their tires out in the middle on i68. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic