• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

45 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Wasn't 1/3/06 paste? Maybe not in your area...

I think 1/3/06 was graupel and sleet, with some paste, only reason I remember is cause it's my birthday, always take something on my birthday... not sure what it did further north tho, I was still in Waterbury at the time.

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Really? So, why do you think that? Just curious on your take and reasoning on it being Virga?

Well to the post I responded to, on the gfs soundings i looked at, think I saw a 22/11? T/td and wind was kinda nne, going to be some precip shield eaten with that look. Model output will often overdo qpf on outer edge as it's falling  but drying up. Anyway not much value thinking about yet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

I think 1/3/06 was graupel and sleet, with some paste, only reason I remember is cause it's my birthday, always take something on my birthday... not sure what it did further north tho, I was still in Waterbury at the time.

Well happy early birthday fellow (former) Waterburyian

• Like 1

1/24/15 was paste(very wet snow with temps 32 or so)…late Friday night into Saturday morning.  About 4-5” worth in my hood. That was the little system that was happening that night when the Euro brought back the big dog for 1/27 at 0z that night.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

1/24/15 was paste(very wet snow with temps 32 or so)…late Friday night into Saturday morning.  About 4-5” worth in my hood. That was the little system that was happening that night when the Euro brought back the big dog for 1/27 at 0z that night.  

That was actually an over performer.  Sealed in snow and we were off to the races thereafter.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That was actually an over performer.  Sealed in snow and we were off to the races thereafter.  

I was in Jackson, NH that day, which got about 1" of snow, and the 12Z model run was the "it's on" run of the GFS and I got very excited. Took a run up to the summit of Madison on a packed snow trail that afternoon with some friends, and had this spectacular view: to the south it was dark and storm behind the summit of Mount Washington, to the north over Quebec it was a blue sky with just some cirrus.

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Works for me. 

Yeah it kind of sucks that the EPS right now is about as good as it gets for most of SNE. The extreme NW edge and far SE areas (moreso them than NW) will quibble but outside of that, it’s a great look. 

It only sucks because it’s 138-144 hours out. But OTOH, you theoretically want ensemble guidance to look good.  That way, even if you don’t jackpot, a little trend north or south and you’re still in the game. 

• Like 5