• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

TV Mets very underwhelming for the coast. 1-3ish for most. I think they bust too low at least on the north shore. 

North shore could get 3-6 just from Sunday PM from CCB when temps are crashing. Big bust potential up there. 

8 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

TV Mets very underwhelming for the coast. 1-3ish for most. I think they bust too low at least on the north shore. 

You wouldn’t be able to tell from the supermarkets in the area. I’m a butcher and my arm is about to fall off.

Fingers crossed that you’re right about them being low. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I looked at nam and gfs bufkit a lot. If we get 1-3 it’s because the first part is light and the second part doesn’t do anything until it’s cold enough. 

Otherwise the soundings I saw were decent. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

The problem here is the main low and trailing short wave are not hooking up quite as well as we want to get a well-developed ccb and once again a fleeting high vs a building high is to the north/northeast of us. If the high was coming in just now to start to build the cold and the storm approached on late Saturday through Sunday afternoon with a decent phase/CCB and a true Benchmark track, then we'd be talking a much better scenario here.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The constant weenie overanalyzing is amusing but I understand for certain areas.  This had basically been a 6” storm for Greenfield since Monday.

Perhaps, but there are people that exist on the board and other viewers that need to understand why certain things occur/happen or unfold the way they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henry's Weather said:

Is the plan to stay up all night? I’m nyquilling at 7 pm tomorrow

Unfortunately, my days of staying up all night are long gone, too old now. I really miss being able to do it. I think it was the 2013 blizzard I stayed up all night for...that was awesome. I miss the days of staying up late for the 0z models, especially during the summer. When I saw a severe threat several days out I never used to go to bed lol...I would just nap throughout the day. Bruins also play tomorrow night so I'll be having a 9% IPA or two so that will knock me down. Maybe I'll get an energy burst. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Unfortunately, my days of staying up all night are long gone, too old now. I really miss being able to do it. I think it was the 2013 blizzard I stayed up all night for...that was awesome. I miss the days of staying up late for the 0z models, especially during the summer. When I saw a severe threat several days out I never used to go to bed lol...I would just nap throughout the day. Bruins also play tomorrow night so I'll be having a 9% IPA or two so that will knock me down. Maybe I'll get an energy burst. 

I think people differ in intensity of interest… ive always been the type to lose tremendous amounts of sleep up to a week out from potential events. You seem similar lol.

These days it’s easier to regulate due to having other things I care about lol. And realizing my fundamental lack of control over outcome despite desire.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Mine is gassed up, tested, and ready to roll.  However, that may be the jinx.  :lmao:

Let me tell you, mine is in the barn shoved behind two riding lawnmowers, a tractor, and a stack of 8 foot pressure treated 6x6's .  And the guy that does the main driveway texted me this morning and said the hydraulics on his plow are busted.  So that alone guarantees a positive bust by 4-6 inches.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Henry's Weather said:

I think people differ in intensity of interest… ive always been the type to lose tremendous amounts of sleep up to a week out from potential events. You seem similar lol.

These days it’s easier to regulate due to having other things I care about lol. And realizing my fundamental lack of control over outcome despite desire.

I swear doing stuff like that has come back to bite me hard. I mean I am constantly always fatigued now. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get. It actually really sucks. I used to go to bed like 2-3 AM and then wake up at 7 lol. I remember a few times staying up for like 2 days in a row :lol: 

I think I was up for like 42 hours straight when the Dec 08 ice storm was going on. 

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I swear doing stuff like that has come back to bite me hard. I mean I am constantly always fatigued now. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get. It actually really sucks. I used to go to bed like 2-3 AM and then wake up at 7 lol. I remember a few times staying up for like 2 days in a row :lol: 

I think I was up for like 42 hours straight when the Dec 08 ice storm was going on. 

Oh man, that’s even further than Ive ever been. Never done the 48 hour thing! Haha

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mattm4242 said:

You wouldn’t be able to tell from the supermarkets in the area. I’m a butcher and my arm is about to fall off.

Fingers crossed that you’re right about them being low. 

slicing bread instead of meat? Who was filling the milk jugs?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That or go 10 miles North to Temple NH and Miller state park . Base 1450’ Top 2200’ (they had over 40” up top in last march storm ) I think it’s Temple / Peterborough border right on rte 101 (which is always plowed ) . Miller state park parking lot will probably get at least a once Over During the sort of am lull 

Thanks. Yeah I've heard of Temple before when browsing NELSAP and have always been curious. Just not sure of how skiable that place is after 8-12" of what I assume would be medium density pow. The beauty of Watatic is that the local crews keep it very well manicured. Really only need 6" and some fat planks to have a good time there. 

• Like 1