• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You know yourself the NAM is good to look at for warm layers....like I said, every tool has utility if you know how to apply it.

100% Ray def agree

i was more saying don’t bump to an average that is in double digits for us , not that you were (was joking either way )

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

God....I hate, hate, hate relying on Kraft's decrepit, flaccid, Asian schlong to wrap around at the last moment, but that is an emphatic signal. May draw everything up and wait on the 00z EURO to fire.

You could really pound as that CF sags south with 50kts at 850 out of the east. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

God....I hate, hate, hate relying on Kraft's decrepit, flaccid, Asian schlong to wrap around at the last moment, but that is an emphatic signal. May draw everything up and wait on the 00z EURO to fire.

I mean, you dont need to rely on it for warning criteria there imho. I think you’re already in the 6-8” range from the initial thump….the Kraft finish is what will decide whether you get 8-10 or 12-16. If it’s kind of disorganized and too late, you prob only add a couple inches of powder. But if it cranks for 4-6 hours then you’re adding another 6”

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You are getting dangled there pretty good.

IMG_7312.thumb.png.0619bf7a24d44d59aa29bab4f5dd77ee.png

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I mean, you dont need to rely on it for warning criteria there imho. I think you’re already in the 6-8” range from the initial thump….the Kraft finish is what will decide whether you get 8-10 or 12-16. If it’s kind of disorganized and too late, you prob only add a couple inches of powder. But if it cranks for 4-6 hours then you’re adding another 6”

Yea, that is what I mean...I'm not worried about warning criteria....I want to get it right.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

So which clown map we using? The Kuchera max kids like clown or the scary 10:1 clown? lol 

I’d stick to near 10 to 1 for interior. Near the coast I’d go less. It’s possible that higher terrain in ORH county or SNH get more like 12 to 1 or even slightly better depending on snow growth. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just meant that depiction seems to always verify low . Ray posts one similar but higher resolution which also typically is low Vs the regular Euro maps. Just curious 

It looked the same as the WxBell one?  Just different color scales.  Widespread 6-8” with a zone of 10”+ ORH to LWM.