• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This. Moderate and hopefully long duration get off the mat event. If we do better great, if the low tracks over Hartford we crawl to the next threat. 

Yup. Remember, this was a whiff a few days ago when Benedick Arnold was rip reading models so the fact we have a legit shot to get off the mat is encouraging enough.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe a hair south of 6z but looks pretty close just eye balling.

Agreed. North of 00z EPS but a touch south of 06z EPS. Waiting on individual clusters to come out. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. Remember, this was a whiff a few days ago when Benedick Arnold was rip reading models so the fact we have a legit shot to get off the mat is encouraging enough.

Not even a week ago this place was a funeral home. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

quite a bit of spread but pretty clear to see why the spread exists. stronger vs weaker 

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some spread arise over the next day or two before things tighten up again. Only question will be is when things tighten up again, is it towards the north/stronger camp or south/weaker? 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

quite a bit of spread but pretty clear to see why the spread exists. stronger vs weaker 

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some spread arise over the next day or two before things tighten up again. Only question will be is when things tighten up again, is it towards the north/stronger camp or south/weaker? 

Probably start the tightening process with the 0z suite tomorrow evening is my hunch

16 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Posting these to get an idea where the lean is and where most members favor on EPS ... 

image.thumb.png.566ec926aae671d257691b864e287819.png

image.thumb.png.7a2da117b9176a46ae264f897472e987.png

image.thumb.png.16c0a7d1c2a6cbee9eba7011bbff1d63.png

looks fantastic around here.....even has some wiggle room, after last year a solid 4-8 inches would be fantastic, no complaints

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, I mean I'd be happy with 3-6". I think people need to put a little perspective on things.

I'll take an inch of snow at this point. Last meaningful snowfall I saw was 2016 before we moved south.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah, I mean I'd be happy with 3-6". I think people need to put a little perspective on things.

Two maybe three chances for at least 3-6" for many by the middle of the month? That's pretty much average for an entire month right there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

EPS based on the mean keeps it 32°F or below here for the duration.  A further northward track will change that, and I expect that mean to tick north in future runs.

Most places near 128 down to you will probably not be higher then 32 unless this come closer towards the Cape. Even with ENE winds.