Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Discobs 2024

George BM

17 hours ago, Terpeast said:

Just went out for a drive. 5-7” snow pack, cold windy blowing snow off roofs, deep winter feel. Soaking it all in before shit the blinds. This is the time to close up your laptops and get the F out there and enjoy winter!

Yep. We took off for Beckley this morning, just got home. Cold here, frigid there. Highest temp we saw was 8 degrees! Snowed whole time, maybe an inch fell, about 8-10 on the ground. Came home and we still have about 2 on the ground, currently 13.5/-3.2. High was 20.9 degrees. 

• Like 2

The high was 25 here yesterday. Roads were generally bad in the open areas with blowing/drifting snow.

Low early this morning was 18. Currently 21.

Probably get close to 32 today, then we begin our mild/warm stretch. 60+ by the end of the week?

Currently 11.1 with DP of 3.7, wind WNW at 6 for a WC of 2 degrees. Didn't make it back into single digits with a 10.6 low. Wow those winds last night were something. Lowest WC I recorded was -7 to -9 around 11:15 pm when it was 11.2 degrees with a NW wind at 24 gusting to 34. 

Low of 6, currently 8. And still lightly snowing, an unreal storm/upslope event that just doesn’t want to stop. Really difficult to get an accurate measurement with the wind/drifting snow but with the additional snow yesterday/last night, I’d estimate 18-21”+ event total.

• Like 9

So, looks like I topped temp wise about 30 minutes ago at 29.8 degrees, down to 29.3 degrees now. That means I have gone 7 complete days below freezing EXCEPT for a 3 hour period Thursday between 3 and 6 pm, and that was 33.  Should definitely cross 32 degrees tomorrow afternoon to end the streak. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic