Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

14 hours ago, Jebman said:

That's just great! Not only does the arctic air get to  Buda on Sat night instead of Sunday, now there is a chance of frzra! THAT'S JUST GREAT! We were doing so well! It was so nice in south Texas! We had made it almost into mid January with 60s!

I want cold to hit the Mid Atlantic, NOT south Texas! And just where does the 1042 arctic high go? Right in the heart of Texas! That's just great.:axe::axe::axe::axe::axe:

22 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Undertow is my fave. So raw and untamed. Made me drive fast a lot lol. Like any new band with a new sound that gets popular.... big production takes over and the gritty raw appeal just goes away. Aenima was still pretty raw and awesome but the change was in motion. Tool became very polished to my ear with Lateralus and 10k days. Lost me as a regular. Lots of bands do this.

Rush and RHCP are big examples. Early stuff had a massive following and later stuff did too.... just different people. Countless examples. I loved 311's first 2 releases. Burned them up but man did they fall apart... and become really popular... lol. I have a knack for finding new sounds that I love then watch business run the sound into the ground lol

Concert was great!  They played Intolerance :-)  The only bad taste in my mouth was that they couldn't set up all of their stage and lighting because the Baltimore Arena is so small to fit everything.   Funny thing is that this popped up today on Youtube and these guys get it -->

Not everyone is wired for Prog Rock. Too different form the mainstream music with all the basic timing and autotuning. 

My 18 y/o daughter somehow fell in love with RHCP and Weezer.  Saw both of them with her last year.  She has tickets to Greenday/Smashing Pumpkins this summer.  Also loves Billy Joel and is starting to listen to pink floyd.  Somehow I must have raised her to appreciate more than Taylor Swift :-)

I guess my retirement vacation just got a lot more interesting and I lucked in to a snow storm today.  My flight to Hawaii was delayed because the connecting flight was out of Chicago.   The connecting flight to Honolulu left already so I needed to rebook the same flight tomorrow morning.   Getting ready now to take off (finally). Long story short: 

I will be spending the night at a Hilton in Chicago tonight.  I am pretty sure it will be near Blizzard conditions with a fluffy 12 inches by morning:

image.thumb.png.f01bb1842e23b8651c05c507844f4546.png

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Just imagine if the euro shows a hit this pm.  There will be limited work being done in offices and schools in the mid Atlantic 

Many of us have jobs that require our attention during the day. Only PSU has time to break away and write long narratives. 

8 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Concert was great!  They played Intolerance :-)  The only bad taste in my mouth was that they couldn't set up all of their stage and lighting because the Baltimore Arena is so small to fit everything.   Funny thing is that this popped up today on Youtube and these guys get it -->

Not everyone is wired for Prog Rock. Too different form the mainstream music with all the basic timing and autotuning. 

My 18 y/o daughter somehow fell in love with RHCP and Weezer.  Saw both of them with her last year.  She has tickets to Greenday/Smashing Pumpkins this summer.  Also loves Billy Joel and is starting to listen to pink floyd.  Somehow I must have raised her to appreciate more than Taylor Swift :-)

Schism.  Best Tool song ever imo.

Those dudes are good. I used to watch them a lot.

• Like 2

So, I'm sure I will get crushed by this post, but...

Is following weather really your hobby?   Why not golf, trap and skeet, sking...things you can control?

NS, TPV, phasing, trough, suppression, etc...?  I won't lie.  I am a snow lover and have lurked on this forum in winter for years when there is a chance of snow.  I have done the same when I owned a home in the Outer Banks when a hurricane was predicted.  I think I was here when this site was Eastern weather (but I'm old, so I could be wrong}.  I know of Jeb walks, Wes Junker, Bob Chill back in the day and many others.

Pro Mets (red taggers) make their living by observing and giving their best advice/prediction/forecast on their knowledge and what they have observed.  I am very appreciative of these people taking time to post here. I also appreciate those that are here to learn and contribute.

However, it has always been a pissing match between amateur observers about forecasts.  There is also a weird dynamic between those that love snow (clinging to the best model run) and those that are more pessimistic.  What gives?  The weather will do what it does.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Schism.  Best Tool song ever imo.

Those dudes are good. I used to watch them a lot.

Big Tool fan right here. Didn’t go to the Baltimore show, but saw them in DC a few years ago. Amazing band. \m/ 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic