Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

3 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Hopefully they get something out of him. He was absolutely brutal for the jets. I know they didn't give him any help but when he was in there he was terrible. Unfortunately I'm a fan so I watch every game. So many drops. Missed pass protections. Garbage route running. He mailed it in. Didn't want to be there. But hopefully it works out. Nothing against him. Rooting for the ravens.

Does anyone want to be on jets with dumpster fire that franchise is right now? Outside the defense having its moments. The offense has been absolutely atrocious. 

12 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Don't have to go that far either... the Poconos are going to get it pretty good.  Lake Harmony, Mt Pocono, Tobyhanna area...anywhere in there will get 12" plus I think and a really nice thump snow tomorrow afternoon/evening.  It's not that far a drive.  

For me the appeal of Hunter is the fact that I have a pass, and it has 1600' vertical, and a major storm is practically a lock. Also considering Camelback but I don't have the pass for it. 

Big Boulder and Jack Frost are much less impressive and barely open.

48 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

LOL...yeah. There's a part of me that just wants to skip ahead to severe spring/summer season.  ;) 

We're on our way...sun angle has already started increasing.  By the end of January, we'll gain 40 minutes of daylight.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Hopefully they get something out of him. He was absolutely brutal for the jets. I know they didn't give him any help but when he was in there he was terrible. Unfortunately I'm a fan so I watch every game. So many drops. Missed pass protections. Garbage route running. He mailed it in. Didn't want to be there. But hopefully it works out. Nothing against him. Rooting for the ravens.

Debatable whether he sees any playing time. Probably more of a depth move with zero risk. They have Melvin Gordon as their number 3 back, who remained on the practice squad most of the season and just got elevated after the Mitchell injury.

I bet he gets some looks this week. Need to work him in before the bye week. That being said I have no idea if he has any value whatsoever given the dumpster organization (yes Darkstar) he played with this year. I pray they lose every game for the next 20 years. Such disrespectful crap to feed their fans year and year out. I laugh at the idiot fans that still dress up like buffoons in all their jet gear at Met Life. Laughing stock. I can't do it anymore.  

7 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I'm guessing the Atlantic ocean is too far away from Arkansas to have any effect

Now hang on a second man...real talk: From your comments like this one, or your weenieing anybodt who mentions anything about it, I'm guessing you don't believe anything about any changes in climo? I'm curious if there's a particular reason why you don't. (And btw, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I am genuinely curious about your position)

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Now hang on a second man...real talk: From your comments like this one (or weenieing anybodt who mentions it), I'm guessing you don't believe anything about any changes in climo? I'm curious if there's a particular reason why you don't. (And btw, I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I am curious about your position)

my comment was that the main reason our snow is limited with this storm is because the warmth of the Atlantic isn't messing with Arkansas so to me Arkansas overperforming has nothing to do with how we will do. All of that said I work for a national organic dairy farmer cooperative and i talk with farmers every week about how the weather is impacting their lives so yes I am a full believer on the changes our earth is going through right now. I only give weenies because i care. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ellinwood said:

I should just remove I-95 eastward off of my map since it never snows there :D

My over/under IMBY is 1.5" because that's what I got with the surprise snow in December and if this can't beat that then I'll be sad.

90C4C0AF-4AC3-4A0A-BC14-55F70B50851A.gif.1b20500fc9bff0586e41644813f7bb4b.gif

3 hours ago, Fozz said:

For me the appeal of Hunter is the fact that I have a pass, and it has 1600' vertical, and a major storm is practically a lock. Also considering Camelback but I don't have the pass for it. 

Big Boulder and Jack Frost are much less impressive and barely open.

I have IKON not EPIC lol so we are looking at opposite mountains.  But one of my best college friends has a place in southern VT so it was an easy choice.  

If you were going up to PA for a mountain not on your pass and you care about the skiing, Elk is by far the best ski mountain in PA.  It's a little further, north of Scranton.  

They were saying on a news show that this year's calendar is a repeat of 1996 including being a leap year and it made me think back on how excited I was on January 5, 1996.  We went to a house party the night of the 6th as it was getting going and had a fun drive back to my girlfriend's house (now wife).  What a weekend and week of weather!  I can't believe I have just about exactly doubled my age since then :o

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

They were saying on a news show that this year's calendar is a repeat of 1996 including being a leap year and it made me think back on how excited I was on January 5, 1996.  We went to a house party the night of the 6th as it was getting going and had a fun drive back to my girlfriend's house (now wife).  What a weekend and week of weather!  I can't believe I have just about exactly doubled my age since then :o

That reminds me of two things.

1976/7: I was taken to a party in Northern VA in a restored historic building.

The car got stuck in a ditch, but brute force got it out.

And might have saved my life.

The building burned the next morning. WHAT a welcome to new years?

And 1996: 

I was going to an event in southwestern VA, but chickened out once I saw an inch of snow around Harrisonburg.

And the local stores had not been stripped yet....

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Founders CBS for HH.

When-im-really-thirsty GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Oh, @CAPE. That sounds so good in my period of thirst. I was going to ask you earlier today what awesome beers you might have queued up for this evening...primarily because my 28 and 26-year old sons just returned to their homes in TX today after their two-week holiday break staying with their mother and I, and after completely cleaning out and leaving us bereft of ANY decent beer choices in our fridges.

I'm stuck with splitting a bottle of wine tonight with my wife...but I'll gladly do that, as she's still crying about her sons abandoning her. To ME.  :( 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic