• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

2 minutes ago, nj08822 said:

Sleet/freezing rain mix out near Easton PA last 15 minutes.  But well over half a foot otg.

Just now, Picard said:

That's here.  It's ripping snow right now, with 5 inches OTG.  That more than doubles my obs from an hour and 45 minutes ago.

Wow! Nice! Going to be a glacier by tomorrow night 

• Like 3

2.6 inches on the ground and snowing moderately in central rockland county. How am I supposed to measure this exactly as to avoid packing? Do I wait for let's say 3 inches, and then clear it, and then start anew and just add it?

The difference between Fleetwood and northern Yonkers in Westchester is astounding. Absolutely nothing on the ground in Fleetwood but 5 miles west in Yonkers you need a plow in front of you to get through because the roads are so bad. I just drove that route. Never have seen that much of a difference.   It has to be the sound influence plus 100 feet or so elevation. 

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic