joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

29 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Lol sell

100%

December may be lost but I look at the 500mb progression on the ensembles and I feel pretty optimistic that another rat isn’t walking through the door. For the record I’m not on board with an AN snow year. 

Unlike last year, I think the windows will be real particularly after Jan 15 and produce just enough for a near normal season here. If we were staring down a puke pac on the ensembles through mid January I’d feel much different. 

I know weenies (myself included) want the model cinema and dopamine drip of a tangible threat, but if we learned ANYTHING FROM LAST YEAR it’s that blindly chasing op fantasy storms is an exercise in futility. 

Merry Christmas, everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ha, right - I was thinking it's January business.  It sort of overlaps though.  For me and what I've been looking over/philosophy of things this starts around Dec 28th and terminates in a smear of probability out around Jan 7 ...

After that, we may or may not reload.  I'm actually thinking that this new -1.5 SD EPO dive with the PNA going back negative for 5 to 7 days toward the 10th of January, might actually be a cold dump into the west.  We would unfortunately ( likely ) turn mild IF IF IF we don't split the flow while that is happening. If we do split ...then we're pouring cold out across southern Canada ( i.e., within reach) while the southern aspect of the split might make things interesting - I mean ...not a novel take on things.  Split flows in winters can be both unremarkable, or extraordinary. If we don't split and the -EPO/-PNA underpins than we load cold west and warm up for time.

But that's all relatively new and one thing that's been also true ( when not troubling) is the teleconnectors, themselves, have been less than stable projectors - it's actually an aspect that began about 7 years ago. interesting

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

He’s been calling for a historic SSWE since November, 2022. Eventually he will get it right. Just keep forecasting (wishcasting) the wrong idea over and over again until the inevitable happens, then claim victory. Margavage, Bastardi, Masco, Margusity, Pann, Steve D, DT and over the last 2 years Cosgrove are the worst of the worst. All they ever do is forecast severe cold and snow and “Woof!” “Alert!” even when it’s blatantly obvious that it’s not coming

Dude, we had one in February and look to he having another one 11 months later.