Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

5 minutes ago, tunafish said:

only 22 degrees out but the full sun makes feel much warmer.  Definitely some melting going on.  One of my hens laid her first egg since Fall today.

Spring done sprung.

But yet Wolfie says grrrrrr not true!! 

Still cloudy here, occasionally some poop falls from the sky to make it more dreary. 

• Like 1

I've noticed MHT is running warm since last year, but it seems to mostly show up when it's saturated. This past event the airport got 6" and never went below 34F. Consistent with a +1.5/+2.0 bias on Gladstone. 

image-7.png.0bb0c7b2bd74110af5c61d0086f3b62a.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

I've noticed MHT is running warm since last year, but it seems to mostly show up when it's saturated. This past event the airport got 6" and never went below 34F. Consistent with a +1.5/+2.0 bias on Gladstone. 

image-7.png.0bb0c7b2bd74110af5c61d0086f3b62a.png

Yeah long term they have a weird chart. There’s a jump in there around mid 2019? There’s some seasonal variation as well. It’s really messy and difficult to make much out of it although min error has recently striaghtlined and day temps have gotten worse.

image.jpeg

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah long term they have a weird chart. There’s a jump in there around mid 2019? There’s some seasonal variation as well. It’s really messy and difficult to make much out of it although min error has recently striaghtlined and day temps have gotten worse.

image.jpeg

Yeah its weird. Sometimes it'll be running closer to surrounding stations, but those near 32F events it really shows up. 

26.8 here, with what I'm going to guess are the last flakes of January. Little ball snowflakes that bounce off everything - it's amusing to watch them roll off the roof.
1426375736_DippinDots.thumb.jpg.681762e3c08d6c9f891d7c27299d2afc.jpg
1815939738_LastsnowofJan.thumb.jpg.9669aeef925a7ba0d8cea33c0b9f7694.jpg
Just got off work and am getting that kind of snow down here in Brattleboro, I never seen anything like this type before. Is it common up here?

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Just got off work and am getting that kind of snow down here in Brattleboro, I never seen anything like this type before. Is it common up here?

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

It’s rare. Sometimes we get convective heavily rimed snow pellets like that with heavy snow, but most of this was shallow and under the beam up here. But yeah they seem like heavily rimed smaller crystals. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Crunchy under foot on the deck tonight grilling. Winter feel. Trees still have some snow on them while down at bottom of hill it’s all off the trees. 

Agree, I was walking the dogs, that's stuff froze up nice, should soften a tad tommoro for my area, still lingering on some branches/limbs, down to 22F

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Getting the same here now

Yeah was doing it all day, now this morning had a light dusting and still pixie dust coming down, roads were snow covered, they had to salt. Even RT 2 had some snow on it until about RT 31. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCORH4L said:

Yeah was doing it all day, now this morning had a light dusting and still pixie dust coming down, roads were snow covered, they had to salt. Even RT 2 had some snow on it until about RT 31. 

Yup I was surprised when I went out this morning.  Slippery in spots 

• Like 1