Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

33 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Clear Lane actually... WAY more metal eating than old fashioned salt. Stuff is terrible 

Not that I necessarily believe a giant corporation but this is what Cargill says about Clear Lane:

"Reduced corrosion. Longer equipment life. Harmful rust and corrosion that results from extensive salt use often diminishes the life of application equipment. The patented PNS-approved corrosion inhibitor found in ClearLane® enhanced deicer is better than traditional road salt for your fleet, helping extend the life of your application vehicles."

9 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Not that I necessarily believe a giant corporation but this is what Cargill says about Clear Lane:

"Reduced corrosion. Longer equipment life. Harmful rust and corrosion that results from extensive salt use often diminishes the life of application equipment. The patented PNS-approved corrosion inhibitor found in ClearLane® enhanced deicer is better than traditional road salt for your fleet, helping extend the life of your application vehicles."

Interesting.  The SDS shows it's 91%-96% sodium chloride so I think their "reduced corrosion" claims are a little inflated.  It looks like their inhibitor is the 0.02% addition of sodium gluconate.  Not sure that's enough to move the needle.  Maybe internal testing showed it helped...  Too bad because the salt and corrosion negatively affects so much in our area.    

https://www.cargill.com/doc/1432076001002/clearlane-sds.pdf 

3 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Nice wintry scene. Snow has picked up a little since taking this photo. Hoping to crack 2.5" total. Over a foot on the ground now too - course that ain't gonna last.

20240124_2.2_snow.jpg

Why won’t it last this muted with freezing rain and a bit of rain?  Gets cold again sun-tues.  manpack 

40 minutes ago, nutmegfriar said:

I guess this is "funny" if you haven't lost someone to addiction.  Nah, actually, it's not funny at all.

Like most jokes, it's subjective. But I'm not sure I'd find this board as entertaining if we were restricted to using Dave Coulier style humor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metagraphica said:

That's the biggest load of Horse Hocky I've ever heard,  especially seeing what it does to newer vehicles. Got to love marketing 

5 hours ago, klw said:

right about an inch so far.

We got another inch before I left for work at 6:40.  It was snowing at about an inch per hour rate so the roads were pretty well covered the first 45 minutes or so of the drive.

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Like most jokes, it's subjective. But I'm not sure I'd find this board as entertaining if we were restricted to using Dave Coulier style humor. 

Indeed.  After I lost my brother to suicide people would apologize to me if there was some off the cuff suicide reference or joke in a movie, or stand-up comedy, and more recently, meme.  None of it bothers me. 

If it's funny to me I laugh.  I was always asking @amarshall to throw up the tailpipe in the window image (we could probably use it right about now), and I make Tobin jumping cracks, toaster bath references  all the time.  I even have a long, drawn out post around here somewhere on this forum where I fake my own death via snow thrower.  

I flow with dark humor...all kinds of humor.    But, that's just me.  It's a very personal thing, so to each his/ her own in how they accept/ or not accept comedy/ humor as it relates to personal history. 

toaster.jpg

• Like 8