Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

5 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Wasn't this the second run from the GFS showing something for that date? I thought it showed it at 00z last night as well

There’s definitely a signal around that time. Of course, this far out it doesn’t mean much.

• Like 3

I wanna make sure I’m getting the potential progression right. So we have some sort of event Tuesday night and Wednesday that might be a mix with more snow further north, but probably not a heavy event. Then around Friday we have another event. This event might be a little bit warmer with mixing getting quite far north? Then early next week there’s a chance for a significant storm while we temporarily have a good set up? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I wanna make sure I’m getting the potential progression right. So we have some sort of event Tuesday night and Wednesday that might be a mix with more snow further north, but probably not a heavy event. Then around Friday we have another event. This event might be a little bit warmer with mixing getting quite far north? Then early next week there’s a chance for a significant storm while we temporarily have a good set up? 

That sounds about right at this point.   Long way to go.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Close the shades

And miss all that snow?  The walks these days are perfect in the woods. Snow not too deep so I can go everywhere with the dog into the parts of the woods that are not great in the summer and fall. This is pretty freaking awesome weather right now with a moderate snow cover. 
I know you are tongue in cheek;)

• Like 1

The ensembles are pretty bullish on something around 1/30 as well. There’s a very pronounced PNA ridge spike during that time which is prob why we’re seeing it show up this far out. Tip already mentioned this a day or two ago as a period of interest. 

Next week is all nuanced. We may get a nice burst on Tuesday or it could be a degree too warm aloft. Won’t know until we’re closer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1