• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec/Jan Medium/Long Range Disco

WinterWxLuvr

Guess what?      The 18z GFS now transfers energy south at the last minute,  and dumps snow on Jan. 6.  

8 inches for me and 11 inches for D.C. by Sunday morning.  My wish with psu nearly came true!!!!!

Hooray!!!! 

• Weenie 1

Difficult to know exactly what to root for this far out with so many pieces of energy flying around(not that it matters), but the timing and interactions between them will make all the difference in the final outcome. It all works out this run, and it has in some recent runs, so we at least know it is meteorologically possible to get a snowstorm in this window. Ensembles have been pretty persistent overall depicting a favorable outcome, but also give us an indication of the uncertainty and the most likely failure mode(s). Some understandably hate it, but I enjoy the complexity and challenge of doing the analysis at this range.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Difficult to know exactly what to root for this far out with so many pieces of energy flying around(not that it matters), but the timing and interactions between them will make all the difference in the final outcome. It all works out this run, and it has in some recent runs, so we at least know it is meteorologically possible to get a snowstorm in this window. Ensembles have been pretty persistent overall depicting a favorable outcome, but also give us an indication of the uncertainty and the most likely failure mode(s). Some understandably hate it, but I enjoy the complexity and challenge of doing the analysis at this range.

Save your knowledgeable, scientific analysis for another time.  Let us all enjoy our foot+ of digital snowfall.  :blahblah::P

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I like the indication on the HH GEFS of TPV energy phasing into the existing lower heights in the 50-50 region ahead of our potential storm this run.

1704240000-Co4wWKYMGcY.png

That doesn’t look all that much different from your avatar.  Not exact match but still pretty close.  Not too shabby 

2 minutes ago, Random Chaos said:

All aboard weenie wonder land! :sled:

Why does the GFS keep teasing us with day 14+ snow? It’s been at this for weeks!

2 minutes ago, Random Chaos said:

All aboard weenie wonder land! :sled:

Why does the GFS keep teasing us with day 14+ snow? It’s been at this for weeks!

The GFS has developed self-awareness and is messing with us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am happy for all the Snow Geese who are honking !!!!

The op. GFS is very erratic with the track of L.P.  during the 336 - 378 hr. timeframe.  This is not likely to survive.

During the past week, we agreed that looking beyond 300 hrs. on an op. is foolish.

The GEFS does believe that L.P. will be developing in N.C. at 7 am on the 6th, transferring to eastern N.C. and eastern Va. at 1 p.m.     That can be a good sign.