• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Moderate-High Impact Storm Noon Sun Dec 17, 2023 - 4PM Mon Dec 18. Flooding rain I95 corridor northwestward, coastal tidal flooding, brief periods of damaging 50 MPH+ wind gusts LI/CT Monday, ends as a little wet snow interior elevations Tue morning.

wdrag

Haven’t looked outside yet but the wife tells me our porch chairs are across the street (I put long bricks on the them), our garbage cans are MIA, and our basketball net is on its side. Dont worry though, Bumble is still upright. 

Winds had dropped a bit since those winds around 4 or 5am but I got a wicked squall coming through now and it’s very windy again. 

Will try and post some area maps of rainfall and max gusts but basically 4-5" Morris and Passaic counties so far with 4+ northward on the NYS side of the NJ/NY border and also 4+ near Tannersville.  

230,000 meters out in the Northeast USA with 50,000+ each NYS and NJ, 75,000 CT (a state whose electric infrastructure seems vulnerable) and MA coming up 44K.  2.5 times those numbers for the people affected.  Some of our normal posters may not have power and can't post.  I would say, safe to say half a million people without power at 8A.  

Be smart this morning traveling and watch for ice tomorrow morning over the interior where residual runoff continues. 

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Thunder here. Thankfully looks like it was a pretty modest event here. Not noticing many branches down, never lost power and I have only about 1.3” so far. 

54 at FRG nothing to sneeze at.  But in the winter, we can handle it with no leaves on trees. 

tbat being said lots of trees down in commack messing up the bus routes 

• Rjay unpinned this topic