joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs 2023

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

26. was 21 yesterday.

It probably doesn't mean much, but to my eye and memory it has been WAY easier to get cold earlier this year than at this time last year.  Hopefully we can get some precip to settle in at some point during the cold. 

10 freezing or sub freezing lows at BWI to date, which is actually 1 behind 2022. But 2022 had an average November low temp of 40.1 compared to this years 35.2.

It looks and feel like Dec. That's all I care about these days. Climo where I live includes cloudy, chilly days in the 40's with rainy conditions. Today is a perfect day for starting Dec. Snow near Annopoils in December is rare and special in this area. Even when I was a kid 35 years ago snow in December was a treat, not a guarantee. I do remember some nice ones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

10 freezing or sub freezing lows at BWI to date, which is actually 1 behind 2022. But 2022 had an average November low temp of 40.1 compared to this years 35.2.

Huh. We have gotten below 25 a bunch up my way to date so it FEELS colder than I recall it being last year to date. Or maybe my memory is shit. Coin flip, really. 

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Huh. We have gotten below 25 a bunch up my way to date so it FEELS colder than I recall it being last year to date. Or maybe my memory is shit. Coin flip, really. 

Well the mean temps shows it has been colder on balance. November 22 just had a more intense, but short, cold period to end the month. I think it’s probably true that the suburbs and rural areas have had more subfreezing  days so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

40 and rain in the Poconos, womp womp 

Reminds me of Christmas 2020. We spent it in a mountain cabin in VT. I just knew we were gonna see some snow. When we got there, 60s and rain. lol However, I was redeemed when my son and I snowchased the Ocean City, MD blizzard. That was fun!

39 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Today will be Baltimore's 673rd consecutive day on which the City has seen less than 1" daily snowfall. That will break the record of 672 days that was set from February 23, 2011 through December 25, 2012. New York City and Philadelphia are also in the midst of record streaks.

image.jpeg.e093f5b845a0e48505bc42014a841186.jpeg

At this point do we just root for a crazy new record? 

Foggy and boring.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic