• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs 2023

George BM

45 and cloudy for this weekend's hike around Liberty Reservoir (8.3 miles) and 45 and cloudy when I got home and chased that walk with a walk on the NCR trail with the dogs for another 2.5 miles. Just under 11 miles total for the two jaunts today - enough of a breeze both places to make it feel more seasonal than it has felt previously this week...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I don't know if it is the metro or what. Obviously, it's probably even worse now than when I went there since the school and especially surrounding area has become far more built up than it was in the early and mid 2000's. But you would think with some of the green space there that it would help mitigate some of it. 

Our team is intrigued as well. In fact, we have a mesonet site and a micronet site going in College Park in an area with less concrete this spring. We'll see what the results are.

• Like 1

It would be really great if the sun would come out in Frederick for more than 45 minutes today.  I've noticed throughout the year that Central VA/MD is often times the dividing line between sun and clouds, which is obviously due to the endless supply of systems moving through the Ohio Valley/Northeast along with the GL streamers.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for month of December and yearly 2023

Dec averaged high temp was 49.7 degrees vs a normal of 45.5 degrees, a + 4.2 degrees above average. The warmest temp recorded for the month was 62.0 degrees on the 9th. Averaged low was 29.5 degrees vs a normal of 25.7 degrees, a + 3.8 degrees above average. The coldest temp recorded was 17.2 degrees on the 20th and 21st. Overall averaged temp for the month was 39.6 degrees vs a normal of 35.6 degrees, a + 4.0 degrees above average. Total precip for the month was 3.92 inches vs a normal of 3.22 inches, a + 0.70 above average. The wettest day was the 27th with 1.08 inches falling. There were 11 days with measurable, 5 days with a 'T' and 15 dry days. Total snowfall for the month was a measly 0.3 inches vs a normal of 4.2 inches, a -3.9 inches below average. The one day with measurable was the 19th, there were 5 days with a 'T' and 25 days with no snow. The highest wind recorded was 33 mph on the 19th. There was one new record, the 1.08 inches of rainfall on the 27th set a daily. Overall a warm and semi-wet month that was practically snowless. 

Yearly numbers were 35.08 inches of precip, an abysmal 2.0 inches of snowfall, a high temp of 90.9 degrees on 9/6 and a low of 11.4 degrees on 2/4.  

• Like 2