Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

6 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I would just like to see some effing snow lol.

It feels like it's been forever.

I just told my wife the other day I don't remember what it's like to have snow on the ground at night when it makes everything so bright out. 

I get it. I am 'hunting' snow chances. Don't care if its a squirrel or a moose. All good.

• Haha 1

Just got back from three days at Wisp with four other families. Tapped out for that time and just kept busy and happy, even if it was 75 and pissing down rain on the mountain when we got there. Good thing is that it started snowing last night and we woke up to 1-2” on our cars this morning.

Anyways…did I miss anything interesting?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Just got back from three days at Wisp with four other families. Tapped out for that time and just kept busy and happy, even if it was 75 and pissing down rain on the mountain when we got there. Good thing is that it started snowing last night and we woke up to 1-2” on our cars this morning.

Some models started showing the possibility of N. Pacific ridging in the long-range, which should effectively end any chance we have of seeing a good winter.  Also, it might snow on the 7th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Just some conversations about goose migration patterns. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

As a penn state fan, it’s just remarkable how bad Franklin and Allar are in big games. 

I am a PSU guy as well. I am not sure about Allar yet. He is young. Next year will be huge for him. If he doesnt take steps forward they may have to go to the transfer portal after next season. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am a PSU guy as well. I am not sure about Allar yet. He is young. Next year will be huge for him. If he doesnt take steps forward they may have to go to the transfer portal after next season. 

Allar looks like Joe Montana against the Delawares and Northwesterns and is a total deer in the headlights against the teams that PSU considers peers. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

As a penn state fan, it’s just remarkable how bad Franklin and Allar are in big games. 

Season ticket holder since 2005 checking in. The opt outs today didn’t help on D, but the lack of a functioning offense in big games in recent years is troubling. There’s also no significant talent at the WR position right now making it even tougher on a “young” QB. I have hope for next year, but that’s really riding on the incoming offensive coordinator changing things up and hopefully some improvement at WR. With the expanded playoff starting next season, Franklin really needs to make it in to keep the fan base on board.

ETA: that’s not to say Franklin hasn’t had success. Winning the Rose, Cotton and Fiesta bowls in recent years was great. Just seems like he’s been teetering on that good/great line and cannot get over the hump.

• Like 2

Lol I've been out again enjoying doing stuff. When I left this morning the board was imploding I come back and the model trends are 75% to where we want them. And here I am thinking raisins in cookies were why I have trust issues it's really the models 

17 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Lol I've been out again enjoying doing stuff. When I left this morning the board was imploding I come back and the model trends are 75% to where we want them. And here I am thinking raisins in cookies were why I have trust issues it's really the models 

Fugg raisins in cookies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WVclimo said:

Some models started showing the possibility of N. Pacific ridging in the long-range, which should effectively end any chance we have of seeing a good winter.  Also, it might snow on the 7th.

Well…since modeling in the long range is very accurate, this sounds like bad news. Might need to go away for another few days and see if things change.

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Just some conversations about goose migration patterns. 

No idea what this means, but I’ll allow it.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

The squirrels are freaking everywhere.  My 6 and 18 month old pups are a handful on walks.  Some of the idiot squirrels run right in front of them.

Same here - they are going nuts (full pun intended) with the hoarding of acorns in our front yard.  Late in the season for that, but they've been hard at it for several days. 

Wow, FSU is just plain awful.  They should just forfeit the 2nd half rather than allow UGA to score another 42 or more points.  I say this as an FSU grad (for graduate school).  Honestly, they deserve a triple ass-kicking after some 20 of their players decided to "opt out" of playing in the Orange Bowl, either by going into the NFL draft early or into the "transfer pool."  I get that there's hard feeling after being snubbed for the final 4 playoff teams, but come on, stick with the team for a high-end bowl game rather than deplete what you have and get embarrassed on the field.  Obviously without injured QB Jordan Travis they're not the same team already.  But they surely would have been able to compete and stick with UGA if all those other players didn't run off in the last two weeks.  UGA is playing against a 3rd string team at this point.

Which begs the question...if all the 4 playoff teams end up with one loss, would one actually be able to consider UGA for the Nat'l Champion despite not being in those playoff games?  I'm far from a UGA fan, but you do have to wonder.

For now, I'm all in for Michigan to win it all...Go Blue!!!

1 minute ago, H2O said:

All the potential storm stuff still outside my 5 day window of getting interested.  I hope things stay positive for the sake of some here.  

Same. I'm getting out of the business of paying closer attention before then...details jump around way too much at this lead time (especially with storms that are dependent on in how this wave interacts with that one and that other one...lol). Not gonna drive myself crazy with that! The rule of thumb for weekend threats? If it's still there Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning, then watch :lol:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic