Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

17F.

Tonight looks like it could be a fairly decent elevation snow event for parts of VT and especially NH/ME.

E5FC4340-9931-4702-8546-2E22062E4DA9.thumb.png.9f3b878383dc7accf22b00341507069d.png

Those same areas still have 6”+ on the ground and look to add up here, Couple buddies of mine road the tote roads yesterday in Coos Canyon.

• Like 1

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

I have a question for you guys.  What is the usual elevation of 925mb and 850mb charts.  I know approximately around 2000 and 4500 feet.  How far off am I?

Thanks

It depends on the environmental pressure, but in general I think 925 is closer to 2500’. I know 850 so maybe closer to 5000. Maybe like 4800’.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It depends on the environmental pressure, but in general I think 925 is closer to 2500’. I know 850 so maybe closer to 5000. Maybe like 4800’.

Thanks Scott.  Blue bomb, birch bender or a cold rain tonight.  Very tough call for mi casa.  I am leaning towards a suprise elevation event for my area, Newfound Lake

8 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Instead of millions funneled to the climate research side maybe take care of the here and now.  

I mean they aren't even the same budget bins, so it's not like it could be used either way. NCEI is in NESDIS and repairs come out of the NWS budget. The bigger problem is that we can't get a full budget passed, and so continuing resolutions default to previous funding levels. So even under normal inflation our budget doesn't keep up, and the first and foremost thing to pay for is manpower and keeping the lights on. So repair work gets tighter and tighter, model development work suffers, etc.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ooh wish we had some CAD we could pull off a 12/9/05 

CAD is lacking, but a blue bomb is not out of the question. Even some valley locations are close. 

Bufkit for places like LEB and HIE have some hours of isothermal paste that's like 2"/hr. Might be a little too torchy for the Monadnocks, but farther north could be a 1000-1500 ft birch bender.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I mean they aren't even the same budget bins, so it's not like it could be used either way. NCEI is in NESDIS and repairs come out of the NWS budget. The bigger problem is that we can't get a full budget passed, and so continuing resolutions default to previous funding levels. So even under normal inflation our budget doesn't keep up, and the first and foremost thing to pay for is manpower and keeping the lights on. So repair work gets tighter and tighter, model development work suffers, etc.

Interesting info that I'm sure most taxpayers aren't aware of.  We expect things to continue to work and be there 24/7/365 but a bloated and inefficient government isn't typically known for handling these things well.  Hopefully a meaningful and functional budget for you folks isn't too far down the road.  

38 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda cheap. 1.8” event cut in half evenly on each side of the day switch. 

Oh yeah that’s really cheap. Lol. I had initially thought it was they didn’t have a 1” event. 

Still a terrible stretch for them regardless, but those dual 0.9” numbers make that stat kind of dumb. 

• Like 6

I know that it is not interesting for anyone on the boards except for perhaps Alex or Diane but a potential birch bender for me tonight?  I'm right on the fence.  As of 5pm I'm 35.7/20F.  1.50" of liquid too in a short span. Evaparational cooling.  Blue bomb? Or just a rainy night?

bri.jpg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man.. what a tank job today by the Pats. Right out the gate by starting Mac and then purposefully missing the FG. 
https://x.com/oceanstwx/status/1728882174781497500?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

Do The Boys realize that you don't get high draft picks for tanking in the Post season? I mean, they may as well start winning SBs again.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I know that it is not interesting for anyone on the boards except for perhaps Alex or Diane but a potential birch bender for me tonight?  I'm right on the fence.  As of 5pm I'm 35.7/20F.  1.50" of liquid too in a short span. Evaparational cooling.  Blue bomb? Or just a rainy night?

bri.jpg

Nam is pretty warm. I generally don’t like to be on the SE side of that cutoff, but I guess you have a decent airmass to start. 

54 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

bri.jpg

congrats

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

bri.jpg

I stuck around for this one. We'll find out soon. It does look juicy. I'm not expecting much. I think you'll do better than me. Maybe a sloppy inch or two here, but I'm really thinking the goods will be above about 2500'.